Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: legality in the USRA Scale Division

That CTF cotter pin looks a bit bent to me. Is it legal ? (or am I missing the point?)

There is a flaw in your thinking about retainers. The cotter pin you show on the T-Flex chassis is a retainer that is just called a cotter pin. The allen head screw you show on the Cheetah 1 is for limiting movement and doesn't have to be used for the chassis to work. Most retainers have to be bent or have to have a channel, slot, or hole to sit in, a split pin and a C-clip for example, to work properly. The straight bite bar actually is a bite bar because as the chassis flexes the ends of the bite bar press down on the outer portion of the pans to create a torsional effect, what we call bite. The C43 chassis retainers or J-bars are only used to hold the center section and pan together, they meet the standard of a retainer because they have to be bent in a specific way so as to allow then to "hook" around a chassis stop to retain their location.

The C43 chassis could be assembled together with a straight tube and pin assembly like the Mossetti chassis, but since it wasn't manufactured with that type of system wouldn't it be illegal? Even though in post #1 at the end of the post you said it would be legal.

I have one more question. It took until May 24th for you to make the C43 illegal. The Div.II Nats. were held on April 28th. If there was such a problem at the time of the Div.II Nats. why wasn't it discussed and rectified at that time? The rule book says an addendum could have been applied with a simple majority vote.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Don't make me put on my USRA hat and come down there. I'm not racing at the big events anymore so I might be talked into taking the Scale Director position again. That way, I would concentrate on officiating and running the meeting like I did in 2003. Just a thought.

Before my time Greg, was that a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Before my time Greg, was that a good thing?
    Kevin the 2003 Scale Nats were held in Mineral Ridge Ohio in a decrepit old building with the tracks on the second floor and a terrible lack of pit space. I think I did a good job of running things with the help of my tech director Roy Hood.
    What I am proud of is the meeting. It was orderly and organized and we got in and out faster than I had ever seen. 2002 in Anderson SC there was a filibuster that kept us there till 3 in the morning.

Now that Lee is retired there is no conflict of interest and my aim is the betterment of the hobby.
    I am convinced I cannot be an official and race. Then one or the other suffers. In 03 my racing suffered.
    The next time I was D2 Director I was mediocre at both and the last time at Franks I did a really ****ty job so they wouldn't ask me to do it again.

Now that I work for Eagle I'm more interested in the health of the sport than who wins. If asked I would carefully consider it.

Greg G.
    How Sweet It Is!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12