Thread: Scale Racers.

Scale Racers.

Posting this for Jason Hooper

For the past several years I feel that there has been reasonable progress made in the USRA as evident by the number of racers and entries in the recent national scale events. The Scale Director, Matt Bruce has taken a very logical approach toward solving some of the many problems and inconsistencies that plague the current rule book. The approach was simple - work with the tech directors, racers, manufactures and raceways to find a solution that made sense to as many people as possible. At times, difficult decisions had to be made for the betterment of the hobby; decisions were not taken lightly and were throughly discussed. We would flesh out as many or the pros and cons that we could think of and only after weighing out the options carefully, present the solution. Were we perfect? I am sure not, but as a GROUP we always strived to be so.
    Currently the National Director seems to have his own agenda in mind. He seemingly does not care about looking for solutions by discussing the options and coming to a reasonable conclusion.
    Two major decisions have been made in recent months (WITHOUT consensus) about the legality of products. The first was the immediate removal of Cahoza motors from the approved products list. There was no phasing them out over the course of a few years, as was done with other manufactures, just an immediate removal. There was very little discussion; basically he stated he was going to take them off the list, and then they were gone. The second and most recent decision was the denial of the latest JK chassis submission. In a nut shell, the current rules prohibit a RACER bending the stock bite bar but say nothing about the manufacture designing a chassis with a bent bite bar. The racer must use the stock bite bar. Clearly the wording in the rule book could be less nebulous, BUT there is nothing wrong with the JK chassis as submitted.
    It has become abundantly clear that my current position of Scale Tech Director is not needed since clearly the National Director has things completely under control. I am therefore putting in my resignation as Scale Tech Director immediately.

Jason Hooper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Madtes
    Penn/Jesery NASCAR Series
    Motors by Mic B
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Fast Tracks Raceway
    USRA D-2 Supporter

I want to start off saying Thank You!!! You guys have stood behind Matt, Jason and MySelf for the last couple of years. I stand behind every decision and approval that we have made!

We have worked as a TEAM to better the D2. Matt and Jason are great guys and it was great working side by side with them. There just is not an easy fix for what has happened over the last week or so.

At this time thou I am announcing my resignation from the USRA D2 TECH TEAM effect immediately.

Thanks for your support!!!!!
    Jonathan Madtes

Jon Madtes
    Motors by Mic B
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Fast Tracks Raceway
    USRA D-2 Supporter

Scale Racers.

I am also posting this on behalf of Matt Bruce

Jon Madtes
    Motors by Mic B
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Fast Tracks Raceway
    USRA D-2 Supporter

As the incoming Scale Director I will not take office. It's been a turbulent few weeks after the nats.

I have the utmost respect for the thankless job, best intentions and hard work that was done by all

the Scale Directors. I can't bring myself or my team to be someone's puppet & encourage everyone

to let the USRA die. Everything must have an end. Unfortunately I believe that was the unspoken

goal all along. Consider that a warning.......

Below IS the stated goal of the USRA. It is to bring rule stability and much needed leadership to the

sport of slot car racing. If you are following these threads and involved in this sport you know it has

missed its stated goal. It's no wonder why it is irrelevant to most small tracks in the US. It offers them

nothing and does not reach out to them in any meaningful way to help them build a strong foundation.

They are doing their best to simply keep the doors open, but sadly that lack of leadership leads to incompatible

rules, classes and equipment, making it hard for racers to go anywhere besides your home track and race.

Page 4

BYLAWS

ARTICLE I

B. PURPOSES & POWERS

The primary purpose of the Association is to establish rules and procedures to standardize the sport of slot car

racing, and to further the general interests of all persons engaged in the hobby/sport of scale model slot car racing.
    Why do I do this to myself?

I will not be accepting the impeding position of assistant tech director for 2018.

The last 3 years showed exceptional teamwork and dedication to help grow and move the USRA in the right direction. That was the team and goals I was looking to continue with when I accepted the nomination for assistant tech director. Clearly this isn't the direction anymore.

The national director has made no effort to reach out for anyone's opinions and wants to do things his way, not what I signed up for.

I will continue to support the USRA Nationals by attending and racing, but I refuse to be on the same BOD with a leader who refuses to work with cohesively with the rest of the BOD.

Jonathan Forsyth
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

It was obvious last year that the USRA was on a self destruct mission by eliminating more than half the classes on the wing side. Now it looks like the virus has spread to the scale side. How can two people completely destroy an organization built by thousands of racers over decades?
    If the racers, raceways and manufacturers all stand together this can stop. The raceways can still hold the race without bowing to this bull s#@t if the racers stand with them. Time to burn that rule book and start over.
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506