Thread: Usra official announcement regarding the jk c43 chassis

Usra official announcement regarding the jk c43 chassis

After a lengthy review of past rules proposals, past officials discussions, comments, rules, etc., It has been determined that the JK Products C43 chassis center section and pan(s) meets USRA Specifications and will have some specific rules added for it's use in USRA competition in the 2018 USRA rulebook for this chassis when it passes the entire Approval Process.

The chassis will have to use the .039" J Bar in the front position and use the .047" J Bar in the rear position as submitted and sold by the MFG. in USRA competition.

The chassis will only be allowed in USRA events, if the stock J Bars as produced from JK Products are used in the chassis. No deviation from stock J Bars and only stock J Bar listed diameters allowed. No other bite bars allowed. No tubes allowed in the J Bar positions.

Per the new Retail Price of Max $30.00 USD, the chassis center section separate must retail for no more than $ 15.00 USD and the chassis pan separate ( steel or aluminum ) must retail from no more than $ 15.00 USD.

The above was voted on and passed at the 2017 USRA Scale Nats.

The chassis will be Approved once the following happens by the listed dates below:

1. The past USRA Scale Tech Director forwards the previously submitted chassis to the National and Acting USRA Scale Director by July 1, 2017 or the MFG submits a chassis to the National and Acting USRA Scale Director by July 1, 2017.

2.The MFG sends a Written Request to the USRA by July 1st, 2017.

3. Chassis meets All USRA Commercially Available/Pricing rules by Oct 1, 2017.

4. USRA Manufacturer dues are paid in full for 2018 by Oct 1, 2017

Best Regards,

Roger Schmitt
    USRA National Director, Scale Director, Tech Director
    Roger Schmitt
    USRA Pres

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

Sooooooo, it's been twelve days since this announcement.

Any movement from the parties involved?

Will our JK C43 be legal at next years Nats?

Crickets.................

Going once.........

Soooooooooooo, will JK Tim stick it to all the loyal racers JK Jerry cultivated over the years by remaining on the sideline, or will they rejoin USRA and make all of our chassis and bodies legal again.

ABJK if they don't rejoin!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Soooooooooooo, will JK Tim stick it to all the loyal racers JK Jerry cultivated over the years by remaining on the sideline, or will they rejoin USRA and make all of our chassis and bodies legal again.

ABJK if they don't rejoin!!!!!!!!!!
    Kevin - while I understand your statement and reasoning behind it I can't agree with it. It isn't Tim that is sticking it to the loyal racers, it is the National Director who has not followed the rules written in the book. It shouldn't be placed on Tim's shoulders to resubmit when the chassis already was submitted and approved by the people who were supposed to approve it and then it was disallowed because of the National Director trying to go on his own personal agenda. I agree with your statement to me directly "this needs to stop" and you are 100% right - it needs to stop at the National Director and the personal agenda he is trying to push.

Also - the USRA handles one small race per year so you will still be able to use the rules abiding JK product during the other 360 days per year.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

Jeff, just to be perfectly clear about this.

Yes the ND had an impact on the legality of the new chassis, but by JK Tim rescinding his membership in the USRA, he alone has made the decision to make all approved JK products that the racers have purchased in good faith, illegal in the USRA D2.

You may think it is no big deal, and just one small race, but there are many that look at the history and the prestige of the USRA D2 Nationals as a little bit more than that. I remember just a few short years ago, Matt Bruce, one of our most respected racers jumping up and dancing and shouting on top of the track after winning the 1/24 eurosport race. Ask him how small of a race the D2 Nats are.

The history makes it a big race and why racers have travelled many miles to participate. Don't try to minimize those past champions efforts and accomplishments. Cahoza and now JK Tim have done just that with their actions. Instead of trying to work through the problem with the ND, they have chosen their paths, both of which do nothing but hurt the racers. Blame Roger if you like, but those mfg. have chosen not to abide by the rules all others abide by.

Some may think blowing up the USRA is the path to go, IMO, blowing it up and that one small race (your words) it has a year, is the wrong way to go!

Kevin,

Not to put to fine a point on it, have you ever been involved with the USRA as an official or as somone who has volunteered for duties pursuant to the org?

Those of us who have tried to assist the USRA seemingly have a different perspective than you do.

Nope, but I don't really see the relevance to that question or answer.

Brassy,

I'm not sure I've seen a single person support Roger in this escapade.
    Last edited by gotboostedvr6; 07-02-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6 View Post
    Brassy,

I'm not sure I've seen a single person support Rodger in this escapade.
    Only the gutless post in these threads
    Zippity

Wellington Slot Car Club's home page

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Only the gutless post in these threads
    But, Ron, you just posted in this thread...

Oh No!!!!! So did I!!!
    Acme Slot Cars - Vorsprung durch slotnik

acmeslotcars.com

As a Lawyer, you know exactly what I mean.

Aren't there always two sides to every story?
    Last edited by Zippity; 07-03-2017 at 04:06 AM.
    Zippity

Wellington Slot Car Club's home page

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Quote Originally Posted by glueside View Post

Also - the USRA handles one small race per year so you will still be able to use the rules abiding JK product during the other 360 days per year.

I agree, who really cares? 99% of the racers race by their local tracks house rules. Whether that's limiting gearing, tires, bodies, or whatever? It's usually decided by the track owner and/or racers to keep their business afloat and the local racers interested. It only affects the very small percentage of racers who compete at the national level.

Besides, for sake of discussion what if at the next Nat's the racers weren't going to race unless the JK chassis was allowed to compete? Is the USRA going to rescind all their memberships on the spot for actions detrimental to the USRA or whatever they want to call it? What happens if the track owner lets them run them? Will they have their USRA membership rescinded or never be allowed to bid on the Nat's again?

People follow traffic laws and rules because of fear of consequences. The USRA has no teeth in a hobby that's struggling to keep it's head above water. People choose to follow or "play along" with slot car racings rules. Loosing ones drivers license is a significant consequence to most people. It affects ones ability to earn a living and complete daily routine tasks. Not being able to compete at ONE race a year is meaningless in the grand scheme of life
    NONE