Thread: Page 10 article 7 B

Page 10 article 7 B

Just reviewing a few things in the rule book after the Race and maybe I was asleep during the class meeting, but during each of the classes I do not remember us having a meeting to go over the proposed changes for that class ie motor changes body changes or any of the changes that took place in that class. Can someone confirm that there was a meeting before each class to talk about what was being voted on and if there wasn't are the ballots still legal since there was no meeting?

Current Usra member.

Does a stack of ballots on the tech table constitute a 'meeting'....?
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

From my reading of the rules, each proposed rule change should be discussed during the "Driver's Meeting", prior to each class being raced. I don't recall there being any discussions, or for that matter, much of any "Driver's meeting" before each class...

Would that mean the votes were not properly conducted, and therefore invalidate the results? I know several people that didn't even know we were voting on anything, or didn't see the ballots on the table. Perhaps if there had been a driver's meeting, and the proposals discussed, as the rules appear to indicate should be done, the results would have been different?

The rule mentioned in the subject of this thread reads:

"There will be a meeting for each class prior to qualifying and rules proposals submitted and approved by the Division BOD will be discussed and voted on as outlined. Voting will be conducted by paper ballot. "

Not trying to throw shade, but if we're going to follow the rules, let's follow all of them...
    Michael Colvin

NO it does not!!
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Good points Larry and Herman.