Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G12 motor performance drop off

spring tension is to light . Use a 5 coil spring if you can . I have had a lot of success using Camen regular springs . I have noticed that the Cahoza 5 coil spring has exactly the same tension as the Camen regular the only difference is that the Cahoza springs are plated . I dip my Cahoza springs in arm dye to stop them from rusting .Use shunts if the rules allow them .

Hi Guys, Not sure if I have the answer.. However, it definately sounds like with the long chutes and 8T pinions that the motors are getting hot and losing performance.. Had that same problem in old Hobby Town location prior to big dia arms...Yes it even happened with small arms...Though not as bad as what you guys are describing here.... Though that would be my first try at solving the problem...Try going back to old school small dia arms, .530-.532 hole, with those 8T pinions, maybe 42 deg arms, even old style cans for better magnetic field.. Something to try with big arms, 7/40 for a bit more chute speed. You are going to have a more violent motor with the old stuff...But it might help using the old setups, RF,PS,Mura??? for a stronger field.. Here I would use full brushes to keep tension as well... In my flat track racing I have not used full brushes in years.. Too much brakes at 7/42...Slot the hardware and use short brushes... Always have to have some brake dialed in instead of no brakes and too much brakes.. Only my best buddy Radisich can drive them them way... Not me anymore... I know this is a bit late and youi might have solved it already but here's my two cents worth... Lots of testing to figure it out..
    If you're serious about Slotcars get Cars By Crash

Where restricted to 3 coil springs in NCal.. I've used PS and Cahoza springs..The medium springs... Don't remember what numbers I got with my fiddle stick... I don't use new springs... I test run new ones and after a few hundred laps if they read the same as before they become race springs... If you are not restricted to 3 coil then use 5 coil Camen springs...There are several different tensions available... At least there were in the past.. I have not talked with GEEZ in a while about springs... All of mine are at least 25 years old..Hope this helps a little..
    Keep me informed... Later Crash

If your springs are 25 years old then throw them away . Cahoza make a heavy 3 coil spring CAH-255

I guess I should have pointed out that my 25 year old springs still work just fine.. The point I tried to make was that I do put "new" springs on a race motor.. I test them in a potential race distance before ever "trusting" them to be a race set of springs...This is why I stay off of blogs and sites... Looks like I made another mistake in trying to help...

You made no mistake Fred. You passed on information that could become very useful to others. I've got one of John Thorpe's original brass fiddle sticks & some old springs I ran back in the 70's. There's not many shops left in this region where I could still use either.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12