Thread: DANGER WILL ROBINSON! - Malware Warning / Blocked Page Issue Announcement

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! - Malware Warning / Blocked Page Issue Announcement

OWH / Slot Car Talk
    Malware Warning / Blocked Page Issue
    Announcement

To OWH / Slot Car Talk readers:

Recently many OWH & Slot Car Talk visitors are reporting to be seeing a blocked page with a warning notice when visiting The Old Weird Herald and/or Slot Car Talk web sites.

This has been reported by many readers using various combinations of browsers, operating systems, and anti-virus programs... while others have not been blocked or had the warning page displayed.

I am working with tech support to resolve the issue, and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. The server has been scanned for any malware or viruses, the software is being checked and reinstalled, and request have been submitted to the internet powers-that-be to remove the site from being blocked and displaying the warning page.

Many readers have simply clicked on the link to ignore and bypass the warning, and proceed and to the forums with no problems with no problems reported.

Please bear with me while we work on resolving any issues and getting this blocked page warning removed.

THANK YOU!

Paul Kassens
    The Old Weird Herald / Slot Car Talk

Attached Images Attached Images
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

OWH / Slot Car Talk - Malware Alert Update...

As of now... all possible malware issues have been removed and scans are not showing any signs of virus or malware.

I have resubmitted my request to the Internet Gods at Google to have the warning page removed and to be blessed by the Google Gods once again.

Request is still pending... hoping to be removed soon.

The OWH Slot Car Talk vBulletin forum software has been completely replaced and upgraded to the latest version.

Coincidentally... the day after the upgrade...the entire server had a catastrophic meltdown.

My tech support guru at my web hosting company was absolutely over and beyond in his efforts in getting all of my web site files transferred onto a brand new server.

The new forum software was re-scanned, and possible issues were found in the plugins...
    so the plugins are now disabled temporarily.

We will wait until the warning is removed to replace the plugins and reactivate them.

So until then... Tapatalk - which allows forum access on cell phones and mobile devices, has been disabled temporarily.

The forum sitemaps have also been completely replaced and resubmitted as well...
    so Slot Car Talk should be receiving a lot more love from Google for Search Engine listing of forum posts now as well.

So OWH & Slot Car Talk will continue to serve the online slot car enthusiast community with the sharing of slot car racing news, race announcements, tech tips & info, discussion, and general BS regarding this great hobby of slot car racing!

Thanks to all of my fellow slot car racing enthusiasts for all your patience, understanding, and support while dealing with and fixing these tough issues.

Keep it in the slot!

Paul Kassens
    The Old Weird Herald / Slot Car Talk
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 10-25-2017 at 01:59 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

BitDefender and Yandex Safebrowsing still show red sign on Virustotal. Should you contact them and ask why?
    Well, "Last analysis
    2017-09-13 22:54:50 UTC " might explain...
    zipper

Yippee! We're BAAAAAAACK!!!

The Google doctor has given Slot Car Talk a clean bill of health, and removed the blocking warning page!

Paul K @ OWH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Quote Originally Posted by oldweirdherald View Post
    Yippee! We're BAAAAAAACK!!!
    Yes you are!
    George

Soooooooooo...... was the site safe all along or was there issues with it? Was bypassing warnings to get here foolish? What can be done so this don't happen again?
    Why do I do this to myself?

Any potential problems were pointing to the plugins, so all plugins have been disabled and are being deleted and replaced.

All forum software has already been replaced and scans show no evil cooties are lurking.

Many people were bypassing the warnings, including myself, and I have not heard of anyone catching any weird virus' as of yet.
    Although I do have this annoying rash... but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with Slot Car Talk... (TMI!!!) LOL

All the precautions recommended by Google are being followed diligently to help prevent potential threats in the future.

There are also many upgrades, improvements, and lots of other cool stuff in the works... so buckle up, hang in there, and enjoy the ride!

Paul K @ OWH
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald