Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd eye problem?

3rd eye problem?

I have a third eye predator 2 - 3000mp Gawronski edition controller.

Now this is what it is doing I set the sensitivity knob to low and car will not move until wiper arm is almost halfway along. Now if I turn the sensitivity knob up a bit then the car will move straight away the wiper arm starts to move. Is this right or is there a problem with i?
    this is my Signature

Basic function - pull trigger to first go band and adjust dial to run slow. This gives you full speed control like a real car.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

50 year pin 1959-2009
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2009 member 0028, 2017 #404
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 & 1/32
    retired raceway owner(for now)
    Omni/Cidex service center

Ok I will try this and report back.
    this is my Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcatlarry View Post
    Basic function - pull trigger to first go band and adjust dial to run slow. This gives you full speed control like a real car.
    I have tried this and that worked but it used to work with the sensitivity knob on lowest position and now it doesn't so I am thinking the pot might be faulty.
    this is my Signature

Does it have the "HI/LOW switch on the back side? Did it get bumped?
    Why do I do this to myself?

Yes it does have the HI/LOW switch and no it has not got moved it is still on low. Also I have tried moving all switches and pots to different positions and still get the same problem. That's why I think it might be the sensitivity pot is faulty.
    this is my Signature

If the controller works normal you might have one with very low sensitivity & depending on class of car you are running it might take some trigger movement to get the car moving.
    If you are trying to run on the "low" sensitivity and zero sensitivity on the knob that sounds about right. If you turn sensitivity up & everything works it don't sound like you have a problem.
    If you want it checked out contact Howard at Third Eye & send it in per his instructions. He has good service & quick turn around.

I don'tn know what the switch is on a 3rd eye, but your switch might have an issue with its internal winding getting screwed up. If you leave the wiper in the same position it will take a set and will some times get deformed. This will cause it to stop working in that position. Just change the switch and it should be fine.
    I replace any pot that doesn't work right. When I take them apart the internal winding is either broken of deformed.

John Andersen

I do not want to send it to Howard as I live in the uk and postage will be a lot there and back.
    Last edited by quakebo; 11-29-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    this is my Signature

I tried my controller last night and still same problem it is like the car struggle's to get power at low speed. I have tried my cars with other controller's and no problem so mine has a problem.
    this is my Signature

Have you checked to see if the wiper is lifting off the resistor? Some drivers put side pressure on the trigger & it lifts the wiper off the resistor. Loose trigger bolt? Wear? Dirt?
    If not try Bob Budge in the UK & see if he will have a look at it for you.

Well we have looked at it and think the trigger bearing might be worn and need replacing. So what size is the bearing or will a parma one fit?
    this is my Signature

Use flanged ball bearings.

Looked at the controller again and found a wire shorting and the wiper button need fixing. Still have same problem but if I switch the hi/low switch to the high position and put the sensitivity pot to lowest then it will work from band 1 on the resistor which is what it used to do with the switch in the low position. So is it possible one of the components in the controller has gone wrong or is faulty?
    this is my Signature

Anything is possible. Send Howard an email. He might be able to walk you through it due to distance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast