Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7th Annual Gaithersburg 1100, May 19, 2018, SpeedZone Slot Car Raceway, Mt. Holly, NJ

7th Annual Gaithersburg 1100, May 19, 2018, SpeedZone Slot Car Raceway, Mt. Holly, NJ

7th Annual Gaithersburg 1100, May 19, 2018, SpeedZone Slot Car Raceway, Mt. Holly, NJ

201 Pine Street
    Mt. Holly, NJ 08060
    609-702-0146
    Owner: Mike Iles
    Manager: Mic Byrd
    Race POC: Bill Dougherty (wjdougherty) and Tony Moore (Tmoore)
    Web Site URL: speedzonenj.com

Date: Saturday, 19 May 2018

SpeedZone will open at 8AM
    Tech will open for the first class at 10:15-10:45AM. Qualifying will begin at 11:00AM.

2 Big Races on the Same Day
    F1/Indy (5 minute heats .... hopefully 500 elapsed laps)
    4” NASCAR (5 minute heats .. hopefully 600 elapsed laps)

Track: Gerding King, G9, 155’; spray glue; 13.7v

Rules:

Indy/F1
    Chassis: any stamped steel flexi style INDY/F1 chassis (JK C7 and JK21 Indy, Champion w/Indy pan, or Parma F1/F2 w/Indy pan); Newest JK Indy wide chassis is not allowed; No cutting the JK21 pans in half; Only bracing allowed: Front/Rear uprights may be braced; Guide tongues may be reinforced; Rear uprights may be adjusted to meet minimum clearance requirements; no ball bearings on the axles or on the wheels allowed; pin tubes allowed; max 3” piano wire bracing allowed elsewhere on the chassis; no other modifications allowed to the chassis

Body:
    JK6101 JRL
    JK6118 IRL
    JK61152B Champ Car
    RFSC29C F1
    RFSC35C Indy
    Interiors are required if not molded into the body; 3 numbers required (nose, left, right)

Rear Axles: 1/8" or 3/32" axles; no hollow or modified axles allowed
    Front Wheels: .600 x .300, 3/32d axle where possible, 1/16” axle for Champion/Parma F1 chassis
    Rear Wheels: Max width .810; There is no minimum diameter. No Speed Rubber or other tires may be used that alters the racing surface in any way.
    Gears: Any pitch gears, metal gears are allowed; Gears are not allowed to hang below the chassis
    Motor: ProSlot 4002 FK; Motor may be opened and blueprinted; Comm may be tied; Brushes and springs may be changed; Arm shaft may be trimmed; no ball bearing allowed in the can
    Clearance: No minimum clearance. As such, if cars start to drag on the track or become undriveable impacting other racers, then racers will be Black Flagged by the Race Director or the Race POCs and required to repair their cars.

NASCAR
    Chassis: any 4" current/former USRA/ISRA legal stamped flexi steel chassis to include the Mossetti and JK C43; Rear uprights may be braced; Guide tongues may be reinforced; Rear uprights may be adjusted to meet minimum clearance requirements; no ball bearings allowed; pin tubes allowed; max 3” piano wire bracing allowed elsewhere on the chassis; racers are allowed to remove the front uprights on their chassis should they chose to do so.

Body:
    Any current or legacy 4” NASCAR Body. Final approval is up to the racer director.
    Any flat or 3 color 3D interiors are required; windows must remain unpainted; bodies will have 1/8” min front/rear bumpers, rear of the body must not be cut out; max height for rear spoiler is 1 5/8” from tech block; 3 numbers are required (top, left, right); front wheel wells must be clear
    Rear Axles: 1/8" or 3/32" axles; no hollow or modified axles allowed
    Front Wheels: sticker fronts allowed otherwise Ĺ” fronts, vertical and perpendicular track surface with solid and straight steel axle, fronts seen through unpainted wheel wells
    Rear Wheels: Max width .810; No min diameter as long as minimum clearance is met. No Speed Rubber or other tires may be used that alters the racing surface in any way.
    Gears: Any pitch gears; metal gears are allowed; Gears are not allowed to hang below the chassis
    Motor: S16d with Chinese or American arm; ball bearing allowed can side only; Shunts are allowed
    Clearance: No minimum clearance. As such, if cars start to drag on the track or become undriveable impacting other racers, then racers will be Black Flagged by the Race Director or the Race POCs and required to repair their cars.

General Rules

All racers will qualify; 30 Sec laps and segments. Racers will be seeded into mains with the 8 fastest in the A and so on. All Mains will be scored separately. Final finishing order will be determined by total laps completed. Racers in the A Main will marshal for the B Main and vice versa. If racers can’t marshal for whatever reason, they are responsible for finding their own replacement marshal subject to the approval of the race director. All racers will be available to turn marshal if not racing. The top 5 finishing cars in each race will face a postrace tech inspection after which, winners will be declared and payouts will be awarded.

Entry Fee and Pit pass Fees:
    1. Pit pass: $10.00
    2. Entry Fee: $15/class ($30 for both classes; more in race bucks)
    3. Pay out: Top 5 in each class of each race

FYI: There will also a warmup race, 7 April 2018, at SpeedZone for the same classes. Race will be on the Gerding King. We will use the same rules as for the 1100. The only change for the warmup is that heats will be 3 MINUTES...
    Last edited by wjdougherty; 02-23-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Question or clarification has been asked.

1. For F1 cars, there is no minimum tire diameter. We made that decision last year but it didn’t transfer when I posted this year’s rules. GOOD CATCH...
    2. Clarification: All qualifications will be 30 sec laps and segments. Starting heats will be determined by qualifying. Heats for the warmup race (7 Apr) will be 3 min while heats for the 1100 (19 May) will be 5 min.

All races will be held on SpeedZone’s Gerding King.

Will the King track be available to test and tune on Friday?
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

One more thing. Will the new RTR COT body be legal for this race?
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Thanks for the questions, Fred.

We will work with the management and staff at SpeedZone to make sure the the King is cleaned and prepped Friday for practice before both the Warmup and race.

As for the new RTR NASCAR body, it will NOT be LEGAL. Maybe Tony and I might look at it for next year...

Any results from warm up race who was there,lap times?

Bill don't the rules say any "current or legacy" NASCAR body? Isn't the RTR body "current"? I would say it's very current brand new as a matter of fact.

Fred, Thanks to Nick, both Tony and I were able to look at the new RTR NASCAR body. He’s done a great job on it and it looks great and should be fast... Tony and I agree, Maybe next year...

96643C0B-A030-4476-8B7A-418598F51790.jpg

NASCAR Results; Sorry Dave, but actual 2d place finisher was late entry SZ racer, Dave.

GB 1100 Warmup Results

38573E5A-9157-4DC3-AAB5-84697B76B5FE.jpg

Here are the results for the F1 race. Looking at these and the NASCAR race it wasBilly Bellís day to shine...

See you all on 19 May for the actual race.

I am planning to show up. I just double checked the rules and procedures.

I motion we skip the time consuming Laps and Sections and go with BLT. It's MORE FUN and takes WAY less time.

Who will second my motion?
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

I second that motion!

The turnout could be large. FNRS uses BLT. keep the racers lined up controller in hand. No running around with sticky notes. Way less work for the race director. turn marshalling is not as critical. It's just good fun. Nothing is at stake but time does matter.

A main racer Greg...not worried about hot lap harry!

Who else??
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Sounds good to me. Laps and sections should only be used in flat track scale racing. By the way don't the 1:1 racing Indy 500 and World 600, that our slot car racing is suppose to represent, use BLTs? Just trying to lean toward some sort of realism.

I have two more little ditties for you. You do realize that be allowing blueprinted motors and tied comms. that it opens up a whole new world of motors. The Hawk arm has the same turns and wire size as the PSFK arm with a tied comm. and 20 degrees of timing instead of the 15 in a PSFK. The Alpha arms are also available, are they legal. I'm just trying to get on a more even playing field then I was last year. Will there be pre-race body off chassis inspections? Last years photos revealed a lot.
    Last edited by Fast Freddie; 05-03-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Iím in for BLT.
    Good's Honey
    Art's Motors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast