Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: which Controllers are banned?

What was the point of this thread?

Politicing for a ruling at your local track?

Your raceway owner can make any rules that he wants.

PS- you talk about the use of a Koford choke like they are free.

They currently retail for 161.00.

So a controller with a built in choke is certainly an added feature.

And DiFalco networks retail for 18.50, so a controller with 10 networks is at least a 166.50 added value.
    Last edited by swiss; 08-12-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

OK since no one else will call you out I will, You're being a complete A-HOLE
    You have changed the topic from "Which controllers are banned" to "I want to ban these controllers local, why shouldn't I."
    You should have just started off with that.
    Could I take my DiFalco and hook it up to a choke and race an Open wing car, I would like to have a mush button, but I would probably do OK.
    However the guys that are spending the money to race Opens or other similar power scale cars, don't seem to have a problem with spending the money to have ONE controller that has everything build into it.
    I on the other hand don't want to move up to a class where I have to have or spend more then my DiFalco.
    I have 6 controllers including 2 DiFalcos, a Third Eye and an old external resistor controller build by Craig Landry. I use one DiFalco for all my racing with includes Grp F, OMB, Hill Billy Box and Flexi scale classes that are run with a Hawk 7 and a ProSlot FK
    I you are racing these type of classes then YES none of your racers need anything more then a DiFalco or Third Eye and if you want to ban anything else by price that's your choice as the organizer.
    You should have just asked everyone "We're racing these classes at our raceway, is there any good reason that anyone needs more then this type of controller?"
    Instead of getting all the answers you've gotten, most everyone would have replied "No, not really, do what you want. If it makes it cheaper for your racers fine."
    How just go race.
    George

Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Why is a Mercedes-Benz more than a Buick? Why is one t.v. More than another? A lot has to do with the time and research that has gone into development of the unit. The other thing is it is a free market. If someone can spend 900 on a controller that works well for them then good for them. Why is one controller more than another....because that what the person making the controller feels his time and parts are worth.

If that is your reasoning, I am comfortable with continuing the ban on controllers with a retail cost of over 350.00.

No different than other organizations that put a monetary value on motors, chassis, tires and so forth...

CK DaBoer

Knocked you out of the slot!

Next time, why don't you state the real point of your thread, instead of all the subterfuge?

People wasted time, both here and Slotblog, patiently trying to answer your question, for no reason.
    Last edited by swiss; 08-13-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Or just state you want to use only MRC & Cox controllers.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Oh really?

No one wasted any time. It is a discussion as to why and justifiably so a controller is three times the cost of a DiFalxco or Ruddock. the features mentioned are NOT new and have been available on controllers previously mentioned.

ALL organizations LIMIT the cost of things like motors to chassis to tires. So what is the problem?
    CK DaBoer

Yes, really.

Post #17 and #18 are an indication of what people thought of how you approached this.

On Slotblog, and here on OWH, people pointed out the reason for increased cost(mainly ability to fine tune all the responses and power levels for Eurosport cars) and your attitude is "So what, nothing new?"

Where does it say something has to have a revolutionary/unique feature, to justify a higher price?

The only thing that is required for someone to charge a high price is someone willing to pay it.

What is is done wherever you race doesn't require any validation from parties that don't race there.

Do whatever you want.

You don't need to make up rumors, like you did in your first post, to create rules.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

This has to be the dumbest thread (minus anything by Crazy moron) that I have read on this site....and that is saying ALOT.....

Banning controllers........this cracks me up
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"

Archie King
    2019 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion
    2018 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion
    2018 HillBilly Box World Record Holder 1.907
    2016 HillBilly BoxStock Champion
    2014 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion

Team KOFORD
    http://www.koford.com/slot/

NO ISSUE with using whatever in Europsort. The issue is using them locally for non Europosrt or open type of racing. For instance, in a retro class or flexi class. No need for that type of controller is there?

Interesting that some people like to attack someone without any basis and ignore the actual "Conversation" or discussion.

So again, I will repeat this for the ones who have their mantees in a bunch: Locally, no need to utilize or approve these controllers with a cost of over 350.00 retail and have limited availability. You can do what you want locally as well......
    CK DaBoer

I agree with Archie... dumbest "discussion" ever....

Bernie Schatz

Quote Originally Posted by ckdaboer View Post
    Oh really?

No one wasted any time. It is a discussion as to why and justifiably so a controller is three times the cost of a DiFalxco or Ruddock. the features mentioned are NOT new and have been available on controllers previously mentioned.

ALL organizations LIMIT the cost of things like motors to chassis to tires. So what is the problem?
    Anti-brake is not the same as brake adjustment. MOSFET braking is different from simply making the car roll more.

Features such as traction control or the ability to adjust the torque curve independent of the trigger sensitivity are not features found on your typical DiFalco or Third Eye.

Should you wish to bar these features from your raceway, it's your own (frustratingly short-sighted) choice.

CK the answer to your question is very simple, "Fine Tuning". The more accurately a racer can integrate his/her finger with the action of the car the better the drivability. The more expensive controllers provide the necessary controls to achieve the maximum drivability needed for some classes of racing. Some racers have such high demands and deep pockets that they will pay what ever the cost to get the desired results.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

fast freddie, no issue with deep pockets... However to keep the local racing and hopefully national racing equal for all. We will locally enforce the cost ban on any controller NOT available for sale to all local racer in excess of 350.00. We do NOT run eurosport or other types of slot cars that under your view require the more sophisticated and costly controllers to help those racers control their cars. We will continue to enforce the old rule of NO boxes with batteries or meters or anything that may or may not alter the performance of the car or track. NOT up to me or the local raceways to determine whether the controller alters anything or not. It is a COST and availability issue no difference than the ones that restrict the cost of motors, chassis, and so forth. You want to use those controllers in YOUR racing, be my guest.
    CK DaBoer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast