Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: which Controllers are banned?

CK you just made everybody's point in your post #60. "this is a hobby and should be fun." In that regard the "participants" in that hobby are free to spend whatever they choose to attain the level of fun they desire. You seen to want to gain control over something you shouldn't have control over, investment in the hobby. You can lay down your own rules on what gets run in a particular class but you have no logical reason to disallow the use of any controller unless that controller is storing track power. Most slot car racing organizations set costs on specific items to limit exotic parts in lower classes but no organization I'm aware of limits the cost of controllers. I may be wrong and if I 'am my bad.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

I gotta' buy another black candle.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Which controllers are banned?

Why does this guy keep telling everyone they are ignoring the his question with their responses when he has repeatedly ignored answering the questions about what track and what classes are run? Sounds a little hypocritical. If you want someone to respect your question please respect their questions as well

Chris, trolls are like this, ya know!
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

My question is..... Does an optioned up controller have any advantage in the lower/beginner classes over a basic E-troller ?
    Don't resist....VOTE !

IMO, no, not for you & me, not unless it's in the hands of a driver who races in classes other than just lower/ beginner ones. These guys are usually more experienced anyway.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

I don't believe that either of my high end controllers are faster for lower classes in any way than the better currently available lower level e-controllers, of which there are a number of good ones.

Then banning them is just fighting windmills.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

I wouldn't own my current controllers if I didn't race eurosports. But there is no reason to ban them, as they provide no particular advantage in the so-called lower classes.

AND I wouldn't like them banned because if I were to come to a flexicar race, I'd like to use one of them, as I no longer own a simpler e-controller. It would seem very silly to me to have to buy one for that reason.

I used to have two very nice, old Parma pro resistor controllers, but I gave them to my son so that he could run at Buzz's in Brooklyn.

Thanks!

Greg

I suggested, and was hoping you guys would let him get in the last word , and let this thread die, but since that didn't happen, I'll add, he posted this on Slotblog;

"The issue is IF this controller does NOT offer any major significance in performance over the 350.00 and less controllers, there should be NO issue with NOT using them or restricting there use in our local or national racing? Correct?"

All the hogwash that his ban idea is just for his local raceway, is just that, hogwash.

He stated in the above, restricting their use for national racing.

And as mentioned, he won't even divulge where he races.

That might be nice to know, for racers who might be visiting said raceway.

I get racers, all the time, who are in town, on business, or pleasure, who come by to race in my Wednesday and Saturday night races.
    Last edited by swiss; 08-20-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Yes, indeed, I'm one of those racers. I'll drop out of this thread now with just this last sentence:

Since the high end eurosport controllers offer no advantage over the better usual e-controllers in cars with group 12 or slower motors, and since they are really only of interest to Eurosport racers, there is no reason to ban them anywhere really.

I'm out of this thread.

Greg

No one said ban them at national races..... FAKE NEWS....

Just we do not allow them in our racing classes that include Flexi, Retro, Vintage and 1/32nd scale

You can use what you want elsewhere. Just not at the local raceways and clubs in this area....

What is the problem?
    CK DaBoer

Knocked you out of the slot!

Quote Originally Posted by ckdaboer View Post
    No one said ban them at national races..... FAKE NEWS....
    No, you said it. Here's your whole post from Slotblog. No FAKE NEWS. You just keep posting alternative facts. LOL;

DocSlotCar (IP: 174.17.18.13)

Mid-Pack Racer
    PipPipPip
    149 posts
    0 warning points

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

No agenda.... As far as affording one of those questionable controllers. NOT an issue.

The issue is IF this controller does NOT offer any major significance in performance over the 350.00 and less controllers, there should be NO issue with NOT using them or restricting there use in our local or national racing? Correct?

We do not allow any controller with boxes or batteries or meter boxes or additions in our local racing. Not only for cost but for fairness to the local racers.

So like motors and chassis, we have monetary limit on the controller as well at no more than 350.00 retail And it must be commercially available through Eagle and other distributors.

Anyone have an issue with that?
    Last edited by swiss; 08-20-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

[QUOTE=ckdaboer;345594]

To make the point clearer, we have instituted a local rule that limits the cost of the controller no 350.00 retail or less. And that controller must be available to be sold by the raceway. If not, it is not allowed.....

CK, you mention a "we" in this statement and use the word "local". Who is "we" and where exactly is this "local" area ? This is very important to the out of town(not local) racers who are not in contact with this "we" org. Since you state this rule enacted by "we" is enforced at "local" raceways and clubs it would be nice if you share the who and where of all this.
    Last edited by Sam pan; 08-20-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Me thinks our little troll races out of Cactus Hobbies, 12450 N 35th Ave #20, Phoenix, Arizona

Is "he" really a "she"?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ck.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	17948

Last edited by Zippity; 08-21-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast