Thread: 2018 ISRA Worlds Finland

2018 ISRA Worlds Finland

Please post any info here. There is a live ink but it is not active at this time.
    Why do I do this to myself?

ISRA-slot.com is home for info.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

50 year pin 1959-2009
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2009 member 0028, 2017 #404
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 & 1/32
    retired raceway owner(for now)
    Omni/Cidex service center

https://youtu.be/gt7kHIvrYOQ

Feed is up but leaves a lot to be desired.

Johnathan Forsyth and teammate Dominykas Budrys winning Production at the ISRA Worlds!

They also qualified first. Bringing a World Championship back to America. His second I believe.

Wonderful news!

Yes, Jonathan won production at the first Chicago Worlds, now over 10 years ago. How partner then was Greg Gilbert.

Dominykas is a very nice young kid, one of the many extremely fast Scandinavian and Eastern European (and one from the US) kids who currently race in ISRA. I need to look this up, but I think that this is the first first place for one of them. And even better, there were a ton of young racers in the top ten today.

I really hope that this keeps up in the cobalt classes over the rest of the week!

Greg

Greg you need to get on the next jet & give us your "view from the stands" we sure miss it & I'm sure they miss you! They are a great group to race with! If only I was fast enough to race with them........

Congratulations to Jonathon!!!

Nice going! Rock and Roll
    CK DaBoer

Knocked you out of the slot!

Rob,

That's funny! You have always been far faster than I ever was!

But the reason to race at the Worlds has little, if anything to do with winning for most all of us who go or have gone every year. The ISRA World's racers are just a wonderful group, and the opportunity to spend a 10-12 day vacation each year with so many nice people from so many countries is just great. So many friends, so many great discussions, so much great racing!

Also, over the years, you tend to race with many of the same racers in your heats. There's a Russian racer named Valerie, whom I raced in the same heat with more often than not over the 8 or 9 years I went to the ISRA Worlds. We had a wonderful time.

I happily recommend ISRA racing to anyone who has enough vacation to attend. Vacation time is the biggest issue for most US racers. The travel costs are actually usually pretty tolerable. The cost of the equipment is mostly widely overestimated. I raced the whole time with almost exclusively used equipment that I bought from other ISRA racers or from the ISRA tracks. I never bought any of it off of the internet.

Lastly, I forgot: Congratulations, Dominykas and Jonathan!!

Greg

MOM We need a like button for that one ^^^^^^^^^^^ !