Thread: Nasra needs some rules

Nasra needs some rules

I think NASRA needs some rules. Cars are getting shorter and now chassi and body are getting narrower and motors are getting smaller, c12 Nasra nats winer used .620 can motor, I think some limit is needed or we will be running HO scale cars soon. Every race you go to needs the newest change to stay competitive, I don't think constant change is good for racers or manufacturer. USRA was too far behind the times, but NASRA is getting out of control with no written rules. I can't fit a full size king track in my basement, but if we go to HO scale wing cars I could fit in a HO test track, so maybe it's not so bad, except very hard to see those tiny cars!
    Last edited by Ronnie; 11-17-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Ronnie, Is that .620 the length of the can?
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

Copy from camen website...seems appropriate to say a few words about the new "620 technology" mentioned on the home page. What this amounts to is a new/smaller can featuring reduced inside diameter. The can is actually formed at .600id then ground to .620id. This is most appropriate for 27Lite and C-12 motors that are to be used in ultra-light cars on the fastest of tracks. They do not necessarily produce more power than the standard .630 type cobalt motors but when paired with .490 diameter armatures and the Ultra-Light chassis available from Camen, they reduce weight and provide a significant handling and speed advantage where conditions allow. They were instrumental in winning the NASRA National championships in 27Lite and C-12 this past summer

Got it. So thinner can, smaller id and .490 arms are back. Thanks.
    Jeff Bechtel/Former Int-15 World & National Champion

No rules? welcome back to the 1960's - maga?
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center