Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RM Arrow Flexi Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    The last C11 chassis I bought was the flattest I ever got. Pan was flat and so was the center section. I never built it because it was superseded by the X25. Now all the earlier JK chassis I have are outdated by the C43 and the new Mossetti chassis. Very sad, a lot of wasted money, their all in the retired bin with the Cheetah 1s, Racer Products, Astros, T-Flexs, Trinitys, and a good selection of Parma Flexis. I'm now a two chassis racer unless the RM proves to be better, the agony continues.
    How many donuts and braids have hit the dirt too?

Sell your old chassis, you don't have to keep them. But everything moves on...otherwise we'd all still be running homebuilt chassis - and there would still be a tonne of them in your dead chassis box from design improvements you'd made....
    listen, study, spy, try, research, invent

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    The last C11 chassis I bought was the flattest I ever got. Pan was flat and so was the center section. I never built it because it was superseded by the X25. Now all the earlier JK chassis I have are outdated by the C43 and the new Mossetti chassis. Very sad, a lot of wasted money, their all in the retired bin with the Cheetah 1s, Racer Products, Astros, T-Flexs, Trinitys, and a good selection of Parma Flexis. I'm now a two chassis racer unless the RM proves to be better, the agony continues.
    "a lot of wasted money"

What, were hoping to run your La Cucaracha until you hit the grave? Lol

"Yep Doc, I don't mind goin'. I've lived a good life. It only cost me .000000003 cents per lap, for my slot car chassis".
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Based on all the threads I could find, the X25 was introduced way back in 2010! Oldest mentions I can find of the Cheetah 11 go back to 2007. During that period the only other chassis I can think of that was introduced was the unfortunate ProSlot/Kelly FX. It was entirely time for a new chassis.

While I run a one chassis class, on Wednesday night (based on a few unique reasons), new equipment once in awhile to pump a few $$$ into the raceways isn't the end of the world.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Having spent some years in sheet metal shops, one of the bad natures for 'punched' blanks in that those cut from rolls of metal tend to have the memory of what part of the roll they came from and how the roll is fed into the punch makes a big difference in flatness. When the blanks are punched or cut from flat plates, they also remember THAT condition and flatness is something that is good for center sections on slotcars.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12