Thread: David Liebenthal, 1951-2019

David Liebenthal, 1951-2019

The graveside service for David Liebenthal will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019, at 12:30 PM at Honey Creek Woodlands, a natural burial ground owned and operated by the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, Georgia.

Those planning to attend are urged to dress casually and to be prepared for a walk in the woods, i.e. be sure to wear appropriate footwear. The cemetery recommends closed low-heeled shoes or low-heeled boots.

The Monastery of the Holy Spirit is an incredibly beautiful place and I would personally encourage any of David's friends to join Jacque, the family, and friends at his graveside service. Without knowing any of the details, I am sure his service will be one of the most memorable ones you will ever attend.

The cemetery is across the street from the monastery and Jacque indicates that people are welcome to walk the grounds and visit, if they would like. There is a gift shop with local foods (the foodstuffs produced by the monks are prized by locals like me), and quality religious items. The cemetery address is 2625 Highway 212 SW, Conyers GA 30094, (770) 483-7535. Directions to Honey Creek are HERE or use a GPS app like Waze.

Jacque will be providing food after the funeral at the house for anyone attending the funeral that cares to join her. Anyone unable to make the gravesite service (terrain, bad weather, etc.) is welcome to come by the house afterward; she expects to be back by 3:30 PM or so. The address is 530 Morning Mist Ct. Alpharetta, GA 30022, (404) 632-2460.

Jacque requests, "If anyone was thinking of sending or bringing flowers, please send a donation to the American Kidney Fund instead. Their web site is HERE.

Looking forward to seeing anyone who can make it!"

If anyone from out of town wishes to attend David's service, please PM me for local lodging info if needed. I also have detailed directions to the cemetery I can send.

Like Jacque, I hope very much that many of David's friends will be able to join us in celebrating his memorable life.

I remember sending some arms out to Dave many years ago ... spoke with him on the phone a couple times ... he was a good guy and was willing to spend time talking with me. Can't remember what name he traded as . Can someone spark my memory ?

Proformance Racing?
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Proformance is correct.

Yes, Proformance Racing ......... thanks !

RIP Dave

Dave and many of us from the Bronx - NYC were a group of young slot car enthusiasts back in the day. Alan Pollack posted this pic on OWH years back of us and the Gold Dust Twins including Dave on race day at Grand Prix Raceway, Bronx, NY.

That's Dave at 16 far right .........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Prix Slot Car Raceway 1967 Bronx NY.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	17991
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 01-18-2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: pasted image