Thread: Phoenix motor status

Phoenix motor status

Iím interested in how the new Phoenix is working. Iím building a project car for a King Track and I want to know what can I expect for lap times and survivability? What gear ratio are you using? Any idea how the Phoenix will compare to the new Jk 11?

Thanks...

The drag racers at Slots-a-lot have started a spec class using the Phoenix. They like it. One second and change run time.

My 'pinion on these motors.…Putting hot winds in these disposable motors designed for electric door locks, power mirrors, and marital aids is pushing the envelope. You're playing "Chinese Roulette" with reliability . With winds like the JK Hawk Retro at 65t/#30 they have been very successful. Some argue otherwise but entire race programs using these type motors have prospered. Their use in $l00 wing has jump started wing racing. If more speed is wanted, look elsewhere. Just my O' pinion.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

The phoenix motor is also being used at Speedzone NJ for drag racing. it seems to me that this motor is perfect for drags.
    Last edited by Half Fast; 02-04-2019 at 10:04 PM.

I was tweaking on one yesterday and the comm. puked on it. I took it apart only to find out that the bakalite that the comm. is molded to had lost an entire section. Weird. I also have one that has wraps so loose they are above the diameter of the stack. I only had 4 (now 3) of these motors so I'm not that impressed with them. The only race I was in with this motor was in Durham N.C. at Hob-B-Max and I ran the recommended gear ratio of 13x37 64P with .720 soft Alpha Wonder tires. The car ran well and I had no overheating problems. Some motors did go up but I don't know the ratio they were running. I did hear some guys ran 33T spurs and didn't burn up.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Guys here in Finland bought 30 to test them. They were pretty equal on a King, 4.1 - 4.3 lap times with a JK X25 chassis. Just a quick test so no experience of longer running.
    zipper

Buena Park raceway has been running them in their group f class. One class is fixed gear ratio 13/37 which runs around 2.9 lap times and the unlimited gear ratio class where they run 2.6 lap times.
    James Grinstead

TEAM KOFORD

Why so serious?