Thread: Best oil to use or does it really matter

Best oil to use or does it really matter

Looking for everyone and anyone’s input

I suggest anyone who buys one of my controllers use VTech oil. It will clean the wiper array when used on a regular basis

John Andersen

One of the BIG racing variables with thin or thick, bushing, ball bearing or oilite or plastic friction points. The wrong oil in some applications can seize a shaft or wear out an oilite prematurely.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

I use Mobil-1 0-20 in everything. I mix a little bit of Marvel Mystery Oil in to add color and that familiar oil of wintergreen smell. Some say 5-20 M-1 is better for BBs.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

I concur with Sam. I've been using Mobil-1 0-20 for everything straight up and not diluted for many years. I've had no problems ever as far as oiled parts go. That includes Slick 7 bronze bushings on GP12s. I found some of the light bearing oil too light. I usually only lube 3 times for a race, before the start, mid race, and last heat. I've always wanted to try and see if I could go a whole race without lubricating the car during the race. A single quart goes a long way I'm still working off the first quart. I'm also still working off the original quart of Ford transmission fluid I use for braid juice. I started using it in 1992.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Thank you all, can I get this mobile 1 at the parts store or do I have to order it and what do you recommend for motors.

At times, the local Walmart has has Mobil 1. I haven't checked recently.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.