Thread: SRT Timing Software Question?

Question SRT Timing Software Question?

Are there still any SRT Timing Software Guru's out there?
    I have been using SRT on my track for the past 8 years and I've been happy with everything it does.

For the first time in Practice mode it does not seem to register lap times under 4 seconds.
    I have one class of cars that run 3.7 second laps. In race mode all is fine and SRT records every lap. But in Practice mode it seems to not count a lap less then 4 seconds and I'm seeing just over 8 second lap times because its counting every other lap. I'm fairly sure that in the past it would register these laps correctly because I have an old photo in Practice mode of 3.9855.

Please no suggestions to update my software an computer to this century.
    I know I'm running very old school, but all has been working fine up to this odd issue only in Practice mode.

You DO realize every SRT copy has a printable manual in the software. I cannot say I have seen this issue myself. Some very low timed armatures do act strange and I like to add leveling strips in the gaps of the counter area to prevent bouncing over the counter.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

"F5 Minimum Lap Time/Maximum Lap Time

Here you would set a minimum lap time to help prevent false lap counting caused by having “Riders.”
    A Rider is someone who deslots and ends up in the wrong lane. It is usually a good idea to set this a
    few hundredths of a second less then your top qualifier. The default is 2 seconds and is selectable for
    each type of car class.

You can also set your maximum lap time; this is used if you wish penalize a driver for taking to long
    to complete a lap. The default is 999 seconds and is selectable for each type of car class."
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    "F5 Minimum Lap Time/Maximum Lap Time

Here you would set a minimum lap time to help prevent false lap counting caused by having “Riders.”
    A Rider is someone who deslots and ends up in the wrong lane. It is usually a good idea to set this a
    few hundredths of a second less then your top qualifier. The default is 2 seconds and is selectable for
    each type of car class.

You can also set your maximum lap time; this is used if you wish penalize a driver for taking to long
    to complete a lap. The default is 999 seconds and is selectable for each type of car class."
    Thanks Zippity,
    The Min Lap Time you mention works for a race, but does not seem to have any effect on lap time in "Practice Mode."
    After a little more tinkering, in "Practice Mode" it was not registering lap times less then 5.0000 seconds.

BUT! I did find under the "Race Mode" settings you mention, F6 changes the Min Lap Time for Qualifying AND Practice Mode!
    This WAS set to 5 seconds. Thanks for getting me near the answer.
    Last edited by Racin67Chevy; 04-16-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Now all we need is to make SRT compatible with modern computers and printers.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcatlarry View Post
    Now all we need is to make SRT compatible with modern computers and printers.
    I still have a working 386 with a dot matrix printer!
    I just hope it never dies!