Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two bodies with only one part number.

The TECH HAS to go "BY THE RULEBOOK" as published. Fundamental professionalism and failure on the part of whoever published the rulebook.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

I showed up with the wrong body for GTP Wednesday night and had to buy the right one, paint it, mount it, and finished 6th. I was pissed but not at the USRA. There were clear differences between the body I raced and the bodies I brought with me. The situation sucked but was not Tech's fault.

Mike, I never saw what number was on the miracle body stack, I was told they were #369 bodies and yet I have been buying #369 bodies since 2015 and they all had the winglets just like most of the other racers including the winner of last years GT12 race. He had the winning body with him. I boycotted the race because the situation was not handled within reason. They should have allowed the bodies to race then, at the end of the event, designated the winglet body illegal for the USRA Scale Nats from there on. That's what should have happened last year. Boycotting an organization/event does nothing to it just like you calling me names does nothing to me, it just shows other people your true nature.

Russ, so what was the number on the body you were going to run and what was the number on the flashing on the legal body, I didn't get to see the number on the one that was done for me, they said it was a #369. And yes Jason Hooper did a legal body for me because I had intended to withdraw from the event. I appreciated him doing that for me and I even had him sign the body. I still believe the situation could have been handled much better.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Calling you a comedian is calling you a name?

It meant I find your take on this situation, laughable.

Wow, you are incredibly thin skinned.(calling you another name?-lol]

How many racers joined you in a boycott?
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Mike, I'm sorry that I take the rules so seriously maybe I should ignore them. I'm sorry that you don't understand my point, maybe one day you will. I just hope it won't take as long as it did in the Retro class, which I boycotted completely and because I believe in fairness for everyone. I'm not sure thin skinned would be very accurate. After doing 20+ years in the Navy, where it wasn't uncommon to be called 6 different names before I got dressed in the morning, your childish dig was amateurish at best. I fully understand that nothing I say will change anything but I do have a right to express my opinion on what happened, no matter what you say. I don't care nor does it matter how many other racers joined my boycott because it was mine not theirs.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    Mike, I'm sorry that I take the rules so seriously maybe I should ignore them.
    But you wanted the USRA to ignore them?

That's hypocritical.(Is attesting to your display of hypocrisy, calling you a hypocrite?)
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Trolls will be trolls,

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    I'm sorry that you don't understand my point, maybe one day you will. I just hope it won't take as long as it did in the Retro class, which I boycotted completely and because I believe in fairness for everyone.
    I don't understand because Russ (see post #17) was affected by the exact same deal, and he didn't blame the USRA.

As far as your constant complaining about the IRRA(r), I've admitted numerous times, on Slotblog, the refurbing situation was a mistake of ours, despite the back story that the refurber originally told Tony P. he didn't have any interest in racing Retro.

That obviously changed, and we should of taken action much sooner.

That same person that flim-flammed us, is the person you should blame for the 369 situation, at the Nat's.

The title of your/this thread, is proof of where the blame should go.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Swiss, we get your point!
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Zip,
    Like we did on Slotblog, the first 12-15 post from you, on NZ controller plugs.

But you're 100% right.

I've gone on too long, and am too behind on making Low CG guides, to spend anymore time on this.

I'll unsubscribe to the notifications.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12