Thread: Timing System

Timing System

As I slowly piece my shop back together, I'm starting to look toward timing systems for my round track. Figured I would check to see if there was a good (as in not needing repair) timing system out there for an 8 lane commercial track. Thanks.

LapMaster - look no further
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

The LapMaster is great, but if you are short on turn marshals and want to run a crash and burn format, LapMaster can't do that.

Used systems can be problems whatever you find. New ones are somewhat limited to Lapmaster and Trackmate. They both count laps and provide data to printout with modern computers. SRT systems are around, but need an antique 486 system with socket to accept the SRT control board and a relay panel. Both newer units provide relay boards. Lapmaster will also provide a remote control for the race director to also be a turn marshal. Trackmate system has a track mounted 'track call button'. Lapmaster features allow online posting directly as well as many other high end features that a raceway might use when hosting National Events. Trackmate is the favorite of many home clubs and smaller raceways with a proportionately lower start-up cost.
    Last edited by Ramcatlarry; 05-17-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

According to a post on Slotblog, Carsten will be adding Crash and Burn to his next update, so LapMaster would be the best choice then.