Thread: Soldering tools

Soldering tools

The black stick that has cooper Tools on side and 2 different ends that comes in soldering kit WHAT is it for
    sirlard1954

Got a link so that we know what you are talking about?
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

I looked at the photos of Cooper Tools soldering irons on the internet, but didn't see any double-ended black sticks. Do you have a photo of what you're asking about? It might be some circuit board tool. I've seen red plastic ones before, but not black.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Yes, I'm guessing for circuit board work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weller-SP40...MAAOSwNP5dMJ-V
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Product description says, "soldering aid for holding the work." Red ones came with Heathkits in the 70's but I never bothered using them.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

There are various soldering tools for electronic circuit board work that can be used for slot car work. I am a electronic technician by training and worked on circuit boards and for working on my slot cars I use lite duty soldering like lead wires soldering pinion gears a medium duty iron, chassis work between 40 to 80 watt soldering irons and for quick soldering jobs a medium and heavy duty soldering guns. The soldering tools, check out Harbor freight except for their soldering irons and guns and Amazon. Note: I do miss Radio shack. I also use desoldering tools.