Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Havlicek aka H-Power

Greg, (aka "Cheater")
    John has the right to do whatever the hell he wants to do. As I said before, this is America. We have the "Right to bare arms". Then wind them any damned way we please. Just because ONE narcissistic troll's fragile egg shell ego couldn't handle it is HIS problem. John NEVER replicated ANY approved arm tags. EVER! You said: "If you hand-wind perfect replicas of USRA spec arms" THIS NEVER HAPPENED! EVER!!! In any way whatsoever! Why would you accuse him of this? John has NEVER attempted to replicate ANY approved arms used in ANY organized racing. EVER! You give an example of intentional fraud in the classic car market by sellers who may be "forgetful' or reticent" about the truth. WHY? Are you inferring in some way that John is committing fraud or being "forgetful' or reticent" with the truth? Intentional or not? REALLY? How do you justify making such a potentionally libelous reference ? And may I add, a completely ridiculous reference too. One where tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars are at stake.

John's arms are easily identified even without a tag or engraving. His powder coating is a distinct color and can be detected by even a one eyed tech inspector. Even Ray Charles could detect John's arms.
    And he's DEAD!

If you run a race that advertises that there is NO TECH, then it is on YOU! If built motors are allowed and the race director does not require a pre race tech inspection, then the results are 100% on that race director and not anyone else. But as is the case with narcissistic personality disorder, they can't EVER find fault with themselves. (see post #4) There are other manufactures who make arms to fit mini-cans. Are they under any scrutiny or trolling by "King of the Trolls"? Are they being splattered with "well-intentioned comments"?

John has and will continue to do what he does. He just can't be trolled by moderators now.

BTW. . . This is not the first nor will it be the last case of members doing what John did as a result of trolling by a moderator or as you call it "well-intentioned comments".
    Last edited by Sam pan; 12-27-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Just to see what the "Approved" arm makers are doing I measured up a box of 16-D arms I have. The spec for stack length is .600". So let's see what I found. . .

Couldn't find any with the insulation chipped off both tips on any pole. But with some with just one tip bare with just arm dye most measured at least .606". Just one PS measured .598" on one side with the others ranging from .599" to .602". That would have got me arrested in Chicago. BOW arms measured .610" to .617". Viper .590" on one. The rest were .610" to .618". Vintage Parma w/fiber insulator were one .597" with the rest at .613". Chinese PS .591" to .596". Those would get you life in prison in the state of Illinois.

My conclusion is the manufactures are on the whole, using the bare stack length. With a few bad ones slipping through QC. Or maybe those are the "Special" arms intended for factory "Pro" team racers and their friends. Looks like for the most part they lean on the safe side of a lam count. The Chinese went with one less lam. They did the math and found they can save .000000000000000001 cents per arm by doing so. And these are some of the most used arms in sealed 16-D motor racing.
    Last edited by Sam pan; 12-27-2019 at 04:01 AM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

John is not the first one to be driven away he is just the last one. His content was fantastic. His skills and talents were shared freely and were always informative. I miss them as I am not a fb person.
    Why do I do this to myself?

I hate FB but I visit his page every few days to see what's new. Very difficult to follow a subject or find something you looked at 3 weeks ago. I'm just learning how to navigate the format. I don't like it and can't see how people spend hours a day on it. Maybe John will come here and share some of his builds. Or maybe he won't when he finds out who is a moderator here.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

“Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.”

― Maya Angelou

“The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.”
    ― Criss Jami

Here's another. . .

“Do not be deceived: bad company corrupts good morals.”
    ― Anonymous, Holy Bible: King James Version

Criss has another good one. . .

“What man ever openly apologizes for slander? It is not so much a feeling of slander as it is that of a massive lie, a misdeed not only to the slandered but also to those manipulated in the process. He has made them all, every one, his enemies, thereupon he is so overwhelmed with guilt that he will deny it until his grave.”
    ― Criss Jami,

When the President does it, it is not illegal.
    --Richard M. Nixon
    Last edited by Sam pan; 12-28-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

It's not the crime , it's the cover-up.

Maybe Russia, if they are listening, can provide the deleted posts.

Quote Originally Posted by brassy View Post
    “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.”

― Maya Angelou
    I also hate Facebook and it still sucks, so maybe Maya is right.

Seriously, I find nothing deep, insightful or clever about that quote. Maybe if was still in elementary school I would be moved.
    --
    Phil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by wbugenis View Post
    It's not the crime , it's the cover-up.

Maybe Russia, if they are listening, can provide the deleted posts.
    Bill,
    All that was deleted were my posts questioning why he was concerned about stack length on an armature that would never be legal, and the ones where he demanded an apology from me.

Greg responded to John, by email, that he agreed with my stance that him handwinding USRA speced, machine wound arms, was not a benefit for slot racing.

And that not only could he(Greg) not make me apologize to him(John), an apology was not warranted.

John leaving Slotblog was his own decision.

What's funny in that Ebay link is him claiming the arm in the motor he is selling, is not a cheater, immediately after the line where he claims he has notated the arm as handwound (IOW, a cheater)

He is using a USRA term, trying to sell an illegal arm, that has some correct USRA specs.

Sort of legal?

Is that like sort of pregnant?

See below, that his USRA S16D speced arms, along with being handwound, are not commercially available, as defined by the USRA.

2. “Commercially--‐available” means that the product
    must be “readily available” through at least six (6)
    retailers across the country and one (1) Commercial
    Distributors. A Commercial Distributor is defined as
    business that engages in "Business to Business"
    sale of slot car products and does not sell direct to
    retail customers (end users). Commercial Distributors
    for 2019 are Crawley Distributing, Eagle Distributing,
    ERI, and REH. “Readily available” means that a
    retailer/distributor must be able to procure product
    from the manufacturer to reasonably supply demand
    for the products in a timely manner. This rule does
    not compel a retailer/distributor to stock slow--‐
    moving products, but does require the retailer to act
    as an order/supply point for the manufacturer‟s
    products.
    Last edited by swiss; 12-28-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Mike,

Deleting posts is the problem.

All anyone has is your interpretation of your "transcript" of what was said.

[QUOTE=brassy;347112]

"If you hand-wind perfect replicas of USRA spec arms, even without the tag and not meaning for them to be passed off as the machine-wound arms the rules require,"

NOT TRUE!

The USRA does NOT require armatures be machine wound. This is from Jason Holmes. I don't know where you got this "fake news" from. From a burning bush or maybe a talking can of Cheese Whiz? Hand wound armatures have been legal for some time. But all this is moot since the rest of the premise holds no water either. John does NOT make "perfect replicas of USRA approved spec arms". So this is all just senseless word garbage. Verbal junk. Baseless accusations and ill intended comments.
    Last edited by Sam pan; 01-20-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

[QUOTE=Wallbasher;347116]John is not the first one to be driven away he is just the last one.

Wait, the week isn't over yet. Soooo. . .
    Don't resist....VOTE !

[QUOTE=Sam pan;347126]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
    John is not the first one to be driven away he is just the last one.

Wait, the week isn't over yet. Soooo. . .
    You and Rob are on Slotblog all the time, and Rob just posted yesterday or today.

You click on more "likes" than probably anyone other than me.
    Last edited by swiss; 12-28-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wbugenis View Post
    Mike,

Deleting posts is the problem.

All anyone has is your interpretation of your "transcript" of what was said.
    It was nothing other than what I said.

I deleted them because John was upset and I felt foolish, taking the time in the past, explaining how to build an aluminum endbell, without it shorting.

Or pointing out to him, his arm meter was obviously in need of calibration, when he quoted a preposterously ohm reading.

People had to try to defend John, in that thread, because he appeared to be winding arms that could never be legal.

Here's the thread;

http://slotblog.net/topic/92774-checking-stack-length/

You and Sam should go read post #10 there. LOL

Bill,
    Do you think it's a good idea for John to wind non-commercially available USRA spec arms?

What is the point?

To prove he can make a faster, one-off, handwound arm motor, that is usually machine wound, because of commercial availability/price restrictions?
    Last edited by swiss; 12-28-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    It was nothing other than what I said.

I deleted them because John was upset and I felt foolish, taking the time in the past, explaining how to build an aluminum endbell, without it shorting.

Or pointing out to him, his arm meter was obviously in need of calibration, when he quoted a preposterously ohm reading.

People had to try to defend John, in that thread, because he appeared to be winding arms that could never be legal.

Here's the thread;

http://slotblog.net/topic/92774-checking-stack-length/

You and Sam should go read post #10 there. LOL

Mike, Do you really think this is an explanation of why the posts were deleted? I do not.

Bill,
    Do you think it's a good idea for John to wind non-commercially available USRA spec arms?

What is the point?

To prove he can make a faster, one-off, handwound arm motor, that is usually machine wound, because of commercial availability/price restrictions?
    Several points here: When I made production arms, I never "submitted" them for USRA approval. Either Lou Pirro or I sold them directly to raceways.
    Our definition of commercial availability was that a local racer could buy them off the wall of his local raceway. USRA definition was pretty much irrelevant
    to raceways in the New York - New Jersey area.

Monty Ohren changed the game in this area as far as machine wound arms went and that bell could not be unrung.
    When raceways wanted hand wound arms on the wall, and they did, we provided them .
    Last edited by wbugenis; 12-28-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast