Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Havlicek aka H-Power

John Havlicek aka H-Power

If anyone is interested in John's masterful motor creations, he is on Facebook now. Just search: Slot Car Motors...and Other Things Slots-Related

He just needed his own sandbox where he can't get trolled by moderators with serious cases of narcissistic personality disorder.
    Last edited by Sam pan; 01-18-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Sam,
    If calling someone out, for inquiring how to to make USRA spec arms, "correct", if checked for stack length, is trolling, then I'm guilty as charged.

In this case, he was asking about a Super 16D he was winding.

Why does anyone need a handwound Super 16D arm, other than to be faster than the other guy, with a legal, machine wound, mass-produced arm?

JH resurrecting vintage motors = great for slot racing

JH making cool "Frankenstein" motors, for drag racing, and having fun = fine for slot racing

JH handwinding, one off, USRA spec arms, so the buyer can get one over the competition = crappy for slot racing

In the PM, with him, where I explained this, he copped a Ken O'ish, "what guys do with them, is up to them".

For someone like you, who was obsessed with Ken O and his Ebay ads, I find it amusing/ironic, you are promoting a slightly different flavor of the same thing.

You are a pretty smart guy.

Take a crack at answering the question I posed, on the 3rd line , after your name?
    Last edited by swiss; 12-14-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Sam, John H. has had a Facebook page for years. I used to listen to his guitar playing from a couple links he had posted. He's a very good guitar player.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Trolls will be trolls.

They can't help it.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Look it up.

Bill, this is a new page dedicated to all things slots. It's a dairy free zone. Was there a post before yours? I scrolled down rather quickly and really didn't notice. Bwah ha ha ha
    Last edited by Sam pan; 12-14-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

As I suspected, Sam-O couldn't answer my question "Who needs a handwound Super 16D arm"?

Probably the narcissist, who can't race with a legal arm, like the other racers.

I had a JH handwound Hawk arm, screw up one of my races.

Other racers don't enjoy it, when they don't stand a chance.
    Last edited by swiss; 12-14-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

How could it be legal because it wouldn’t be tagged by a “legal” armature manufacturer? Do manufacturers tag arms they don’t produce or are Racers out there counterfeiting tags?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by wjdougherty View Post
    How could it be legal because it wouldn’t be tagged by a “legal” armature manufacturer? Do manufacturers tag arms they don’t produce or are Racers out there counterfeiting tags?

Thanks...
    This only applies if you're racing under org. rules that require this. The arms in question here were going to a racer in Australia to be used in Drag Racing. They will decide if it's legal or not. Not by anyone here in the States.

It's up to the tech inspector to do their job, not arm makers to make sure the cars are legal.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Says the guy flipped out by Ken O.

Those arms could never be legal for anything, but open racing, where the stack length won't matter.

Face it, he's crapping on the armature makers, keeping slot racing going, like Proslot and Koford, who follow price restrictions on spec arms, and don't make legal and illegal versions of the same arm, for tech inspectors to sort out.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wjdougherty View Post

Thanks...
    Bill,
    Sam is using the famous "We need good tech inspectors, not ethical armature makers", defense.

John, on Slotblog, asked his stack length question, adding, on the chance his arm is checked, he wants to make sure he made it "correctly".

Every spec arm he makes is inherently illegal.

It's like, while driving on the Long Island Parkway, going 150mph, being worried if your turn signal works. Lol

And to top it off, Sam uses a website, where the operator loves slot cars with every fiber in his body, to direct racers to Facebook.

It's like handing out coupons, in a McDonald's dining room, for Burger King.

But worse, because at least Whoppers aren't illegal.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Deleted

Hand wound arms are legal in USRA classes. They have been since Monty O was winding them.
    Koford and Proslot both offer handwound tagged arms

here is one from the koford catalog

GROUP 12 ARMS
    M468-H12 Handwound 12 arm to fit Box set ups for
    "Hillbilly Box" racing. 518 diameter. Specify timing. H12
    tag. $59.16 ea.
    Roger Schmitt

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

Here in America we have a Constitutional Right to bare arms. And then wind them any dammed way we want.

God Bless the United States of America.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

TTT on yesterday
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Well, here is a nice example of his work. 100% legal in all 50 states, The District of Columbia and around the world. Built to industry standard specs and tagged S16-D H to be transparent about it's origins. John is a very upstanding honest individual. I would trust his arms before the "Special" ones being run by factory "Pro" racers any day of the week.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H-Power-S16...AAAOSw5B9eAlOP
    Last edited by Sam pan; 12-24-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

It's very sad for me that John has reacted as strongly as he has to to a mod's well-intentioned comments at my forum (which BTW were expunged from the thread with a couple of hours of being posted).

Here's a bit of what I wrote John about the incident.

"In recent decades, since certain old cars became very valuable, we’ve seen a noticeable increase in some very talented people basically reproducing rare and valuable cars almost perfectly; Ferraris, Packards, and some high-end Mopars for example. Most builders are open and honest about the fact that the cars are reproductions, clones, or tributes rather than authentic originals when they go to sell them. Unfortunately, subsequent sellers can be 'forgetful' or reticent about the history of the vehicles, especially to less-than-knowledgeable buyers. In the Sunbeam Tiger world, it is so easy to clone a V8 Tiger from a four-cylinder Alpine that the the Tiger world has created a Tiger Authentication Committee to certify a car as a genuine Tiger.

If you hand-wind perfect replicas of USRA spec arms, even without the tag and not meaning for them to be passed off as the machine-wound arms the rules require, the same situation applies even though your motives are pure [and I know they are!]. IMO it is naive to think otherwise. I think it would be a very good idea for you to make a small mark on your arms to indicate their origin."

I'm pleased to see that John has decided to tag his terrific work so it can be identified as what it is.
    Last edited by brassy; 12-28-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast