Thread: So. . .We bought an Abandoned Racetrack. . .

So. . .We bought an Abandoned Racetrack. . .

These guys are living the American dream. YouTube star, Cleetus McFarland has purchased Desoto Speedway in Bradenton FL. Abandoned for 2 years, Cleetus and team have begun the resurrection of a great American Short Track. The long term plan is to bring circle track racing back but they will initially be doing what they do in their YouTube videos. Cleetus is looking for a circle track race promoter to get the stock cars roaring around the track again. Check out the Freedom Factory. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Iy...wkwB4e&index=4
    Don't resist....VOTE !

I wasn't familiar with the Freedom Factory group or DeSoto Raceway. With this track, they got quite a job on their hands if they want to bring it back to a full life. They didn't indicate how big the track was, I'd guess 1/3 or 5/8 mile on the 63 acres. If they need a second project, there's North Wilkesboro, NC.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

It's a 1/3 mile. Not sure but I think 3 guys are in on it. Garrett Mitchell, aka Cleetus McFarland keeps saying "Us" and "We" so I'm assuming it's a three way partnership with his friends James and Cooper. The Cleetus McFarland YouTube channel has 1.95 million subscribers so I'm guessing they are funding the renovation with the $$$ from there. There have been quite a few big success stories coming out of YouTube beginnings. Didn't that little s**t Justin McBieber get his start on YouTube?
    Last edited by Sam pan; 03-02-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Everyone already knows how you can tell when a race promoter is lying. Good luck!
    "Ever onward."

Nelson Swanberg

Yeah, race promoters don't have a very good reputation. If they say "believe me" a lot, good chance they're lying through their teeth. When a person has a reputation of pretty much lying whenever their mouth is moving, it's a good idea to stay far away and not pay any attention to them.

Looks like this Cleetus fellow is a pretty smart "Florida Man". I think he will find an honest stable promoter.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

A million views in 2 days. This driftin' thing ain't my bag but he's getting eyeballs on the Freedom Factory. When he gets the oval open for weekly racing, he should have no problem packing the stands.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDahtZDcRwQ&t=165s 1.97 subscribers now.
    Last edited by Sam pan; 03-08-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    Don't resist....VOTE !

Well, until he gets the track up and running for weekly Saturday night racing, he's going to do an IROC style 100 lap race with Crown Vics. To spice it up they're adding nitrous. Drivers are Cleetus' buddies and other Youtuber's. He is funding this complete madness with a $10Pay Per View. Race is April 3rd. Closed event. Track is not spectator ready. "Fix the cigarette lighter".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167FxsHjDf8
    Don't resist....VOTE !

The rebuilding has begun. With some networking they are getting a ton more done then they anticipated. Can't wait to see it done.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmCdLR4LnU
    Don't resist....VOTE !