Thread: Where Did the Tracks Go

Where Did the Tracks Go

I find that in the midst of reading this post or that post I almost always gravitate towards trying to see where tracks go, their history, builder, any claim to fame and why some are tossed aside or lost. I had to sell a track once and I would love to know where it went to try and bring it back. But it went to a non-traditional slot venue, then was on Craigslist and then disappeared. And the King tracks! Two years ago they were for sale so thick you couldn't help but almost accidentally ending up with one. But now I can't find one that's not in some sort of questionable condition. I was absolutely floored to learn that the one on Youtube called White Lightening simply didn't exist. Gone to the trash pile because it was in the way and didn't sell. Can't we put GPS on the tracks so we can find these things?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.cannonj View Post
    I find that in the midst of reading this post or that post I almost always gravitate towards trying to see where tracks go, their history, builder, any claim to fame and why some are tossed aside or lost. I had to sell a track once and I would love to know where it went to try and bring it back. But it went to a non-traditional slot venue, then was on Craigslist and then disappeared. And the King tracks! Two years ago they were for sale so thick you couldn't help but almost accidentally ending up with one. But now I can't find one that's not in some sort of questionable condition. I was absolutely floored to learn that the one on Youtube called White Lightening simply didn't exist. Gone to the trash pile because it was in the way and didn't sell. Can't we put GPS on the tracks so we can find these things?!?!
    I have a 4 lane routered track in my basement and I plan on writing my name, location and when I owned the track on the underside of the track. If everyone did this at least the present owner could trace it's history.

Good idea!!
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.