Thread: Washington Slot Car Club 2021/22 series

Washington Slot Car Club 2021/22 series

Washington Slot Car Club 2021/22 Season

In the spring of 2021 when the covid lockdown was lifting we ran 3 races to see how a flat track series would go over in Washington, PA at the Canonsberg Sportsman Association on their restored UK Black track.

We decided on 3 standard, simple classes. USRA JRL, USRA GT12 and ISRA 24 Production. Turnout was good for a start as we had full tracks. We hired marshals so we did not have to run 4 and 4 or whatever. I think the high was 11 racers. Friday practice from mid-afternoon until 9 PM and doors opened at 8 AM Saturday. Racing started at 10AM and we were done by 3:30. We even got great rates at a nice local motel.

We still have a few bugs to work out around lunch and regulations but overall, everyone was happy & said they would be back.

The 2021/22 schedule looks like this.
    November 13
    December 11
    January 15
    February 19
    March 19
    April 23 tentative

Hope to pick up a few more racers that want to race on a flat track and have a good time with stable equipment.
    Why do I do this to myself?

We secured a local motel for the series. Mention Washington Slot Car Club and your room rate is about $78 total with taxes for a two bed room. Nice clean motel at a fair price. Call direct to make reservations 724-884-1450.

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, (Washington at Meadowlands, PA) 245 Meadowlands Boulevard, Washington, PA 15301

Sadly we need to cancel the first race of the series in November. We will be back in December God willing.