Thread: USRA Home Page

USRA Home Page

NEW USRA Home Page - Click Here

(above link updated to NEW site July 2011 - please update your bookmarks)

Click on the above link to go to the USRA Home Page. There you can join the USRA or pay annual dues via PayPal online payment, subscribe to the USRA email mailing list, and check out official USRA News on the USRA News page (temporarilly down).

This forum is for the discussion of USRA issues, rules, classes, and the USRA Nats - both Division 1 & 2. It is not intended to be an "official" USRA forum, nor are the USRA volunteer officers expected to monitor this forum or answer all questions.

Many of the USRA officers do read this bulletin board, however, and are encouraged to take part in discussions and offer answers as time permits. Specific questions regarding rules should be directed to the proper responsible officers via private email.

This board will be monitored by OWH's volunteer moderators, and it is the intent to provide a seperate forum for POSITIVE discussions regarding USRA related topics. Non-constructive, destructive, or flame posts, as well as annonamous rants, will be deleted.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 07-22-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Link updated - NEW 2011 usraslots.com web site
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

A Note From the Slot Car Talk Forum "Mom"

Since USRA officials are volunteers, there is nobody at this time who has set up or is willing to host, moderate, and babysit a seperate "official" forum for the USRA.

To do so, would simply not be practical. The same arguments would have to be moderated, edited, deleted, or answered on another forum as they are here.

I have established this board and the slot car racing audience has grown steadily over the past 7 years, and I myself and my volunteer moderators do our best to keep an eye on it 24/7 so that it does not stray too far off-topic, and to filter out the spam and other inapropriate posts that many may not even be aware of. There are over 1700 registered members on this board, and countless guests every day. It is viewed over 4,000 times per day, in over 50 different countries. OWH Slot Car Talk has outgrown and out lived many other slot car forums over the past 7 years.

This USRA forum is provided as a service to the USRA and slot car public, as it provides an excellent venue for questions, answers, opinions, and discussions to take place regarding issues related to the USRA.

Officers are welcome to answer questions and make statements regarding rules issues, and often do - but they are in no way required or expected to do so.

USRA Email Mailing List

There also is a USRA email distribution list that I set up and maintain on Yahoo for the past several years. It currently has 286 members (believe it or not!).

Since I am no longer the USRA comunications director, I have not used it, but I have offered for the current USRA officials to be set up as moderators so that they can post announcements on the email list if and whenever they choose. It is set up as an announcement only email, rather then a discussion list, however, as an open posting email list would again require substantial work to moderate and maintain. I'm not sure if there is a subscription link on the new USRA web site.

Slot-List - Email Discussion List

I also host an email discussion list called "Slot-List" where it IS open to posting and discussions. Slot-List currently has 500 members, and contains discussions on all scales and types of slot car racing. It is moderated, with much help by another volunteer "jonyquikv", who has done a fantastic job in keeping the list free of spam, on track, and on-topic.

Yahoo Slot Car Club

The Yahoo Slot Car Club - which I set up back in 1998, currently has 717 members. It used to be a club home page format, but Yahoo has since merged the clubs and mailing lists into the same format. This has been the host of the weekly Monday Night Slot Car Chat, which has no longer been active lately. There are Photo Galleries, Web Links, etc. on the Yahoo Slot Car Club web site, as well as the email discussion list.

Call me an idiot if you want, but the Old Weird Herald web site, Slot Car Talk Forum, Slot-List, Yahoo Slot Car Club, all have grown through the years through tremendous effort that only myself and my voluteer moderators may understand. It is not only my hobby, but my passion, and I am extremely proud of the community that I have been able to create and host online.

I truly enjoy hosting it, even though it can be extremely difficult and time consuming at times.

So.... although this is not an "official" site to be regarded as the final word on USRA rules issues... this is certainly "the" best place where these issues can be discussed with fellow slot car enthusiasts, racing friends, and competitors.

I'll step off of my soap box now.... I'm getting dizzy.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com