Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Tracks

Favorite Tracks

What is everyones favorite track and why? I'm just wondering what people think make different traks so great.
    The only thing to fear is fear itself

i like the u.k black..even though i only raced on it once at the casra nats..its was the most fun ive ever had..its a sweet track to drive once u get it down

joe sss
    9x National Champion

I like a king, hillclimb or a kingleman. Some speed but also some driving. I don't like kings which are punch bowls. Something where you could be competative without having the best motor there!

you talking style or place to race
    Chilli

Trolling the boards and fanning the flames once again...at least for a day or two.

Have you ever raced on what they call a Mini King or a Prince ?
    Its like a PaperClip with a little Finger turn or like a baby King....Now I'm not talking about a 90 Black. Its more like racing on king than racing on a black...Its just that the laps go very very fast!! . Most are about 135' and are very fast paced racing. I love them!! If anyone has any photos of any ...please post them....the Mini King tracks are some what a rarity!!
    slotcars....the king of hobbies !

I personally like a track that i have to drive. I like the challenge of it. I do like running on a hillclimb, but i like our korkscrew. It is very challenging, and very fun

i have to agree with joeSSS... the UK black is one bad~mama~jamma! raced at the 03 div2 nats,came in dead last lol but it was so much fun! not too hard to drive once you get the hang of it. (insert shameless plug here) im still looking for one for sale..

Hi,
    If I had to pick. Paperclip first then a King with about 5 degrees of banking in the donut and last U.K. Black.
    GI JOE USMC

First- UK Black: challenging and close racing.
    Second: Orange- the only small track suited to either wing or scale racing.
    Mike Wyatt

Kouvola`s King Finland

-Tenni-

Kingleman - high speed 155ft but semi flat coners that take some driving. Excellent for both wing or scale. Most races were decided on by the section not laps.... I actually lost one race by 1 inch due to the coast when the power turned off. I would put a pic but not sure how to.

I like kings and kinglemans and hillclimbs. Don't see many kinglemans around much anymore.

Drag Strip....

The Purple Angel in Citrus Heights

My favorite track on the NorCal circuit. Unlike any other track you ever raced on. Think of it as a highly technical flat track with a tall climbing bank as the lead on.

What made this track awesome was the infield...a set of flat, high speed left and right hand sweepers that just seemed to flow together. It was as much a ball to drive with Nascars and trucks as it was with GTP12s.

You'd be working the car so hard through the corners that it felt as if you were working the steering as much as the throttle - the closest thing to RC car racing I've ever felt with slot cars.

Favorite

The Nuvolari @ Elmsford, I hope I am that good looking @ 40.
    Wings are for Fairies - GTP/GT1 Racing rules!!!
    Keith Dickson
    GT1-GTP racer......

"Mongo like candy!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast