+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REHco parts

REHco parts

Visited both Pit Stop and Fantasy in Rochester on Saturday. Roger, at Fantasy, had more of the REHco 16d axle brackets in stock, as well as the sought after 7/8" drop arms. Which I grabbed real quick! Boy, did I need those. I asked about availability, and he believes parts may still be ordered as he had restocked the brackets since I bought him out in March.
    I know of another track where the owner has been to his distributor and seen trailers of old slot car stock. Even old stock in the warehouse. There was certainly a lot leftover in the 60s,70s.

REHco

It would be nice to see a list of what they have, no way to find out. Does anyone have a website showing all REHco carries?
    Roy
    Oh Yeah!

Roy, last I knew REH wasn't computerized. Even they don't know what they have.

Bill

Sad

But true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Quit cryin and act like a MAN!!!

Enter the computer adge...

Try this:
    http://www.slotcars.org/reh/

Raymond

That's great

If your into home set stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Quit cryin and act like a MAN!!!

Who created that web page?

Raymond,

Care to have a word in that web site creator's ear?

The photos/files are HUGE by today's standards. 462kb is ridiculous for a photograph

I don't know about you and others, but I have to rely on good old copper wire for my Internet connection. Those pages took a lifetime to appear on my screen

Ron

good not gold
    Last edited by Zippity; 06-26-2004 at 01:40 AM.
    Zippity

Wellington Slot Car Club's home page

Latest newspaper headline reads: "A cyclist is hit by a car and injured in Wellington almost every three days".
    I ask: "Why don't the police take his bike from him?"

The above link is not really REH's web page - but simply one of many catalog pages put up on DRS' web site amny years ago simply as a courtesy.

As of the last time I dealt with REH - they still hand write invoices and packing lists, and use carbon paper duplicate forms from the stationary store.

In another thread, I posted a link to a Commodore 64 computer that went for 50 cents on eBay....

But then again, it's also a bit ironic to be looking for vintage 1960's slot car parts, and at the same time be frustrated with the lack of modern computerized inventory controls to keep track of availability of the old parts - all in the same thread.

We slot car fanatics often want the best of both worlds....

I'll just bet I'm not the only slot car racer to have fantasized about traveling back in time to the 1960's, and building and racing slot cars with modern day knowledge, experience, & technology.... or maybe I AM????
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Geeze,maybe I could get a job fixin thier TYPEWRITERS Eh!

JOB OPENING

I heard that they have an opening for filling the kerosene lamps.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

50 year pin 1959-2009
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2009 member 0028
    retired raceway owner(for now)
    Omni/Cidex service center

CORRECTION

Domain ID6496459-LROR
    Domain Name:SLOTCARS.ORG
    Created On:13-May-1999 14:18:25 UTC
    Last Updated On:13-Jan-2004 19:35:07 UTC
    Expiration Date:13-May-2005 14:19:00 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:R63-LROR
    Registrant ID:27646324-NSI
    Registrant Name:Ford Publishing On-Line
    Registrant Organization:Ford Publishing On-Line

Unhappy REH vintage parts

In 1997 through 1999, I scrounged and purchased most everything vintage of real interest from REH after 3 raids in the warehouse in Cincinnati. I filled a truck full of decent to great stuff and paid REH good money for it.
    Most of what is left today is of little interest to me, but Bob Haines would do well to eventually get someone in that place to computerize the inventory as there are still a few bits here and there of some interest to the vintage enthusiast, most for 1980's to 1990's cars.
    Then again, Bob is too old-fashioned to think clearly about something so daunting for the computer-illiterate. I am sure that he was quoted very high costs by local website vampires to consider it.
    In the meantime, vintage business with vintage administration...
    Regards,

Dr. Pea

REHco

I guessed most of the good collectables were gone, mostly curious about usable parts.
    Roy
    Oh Yeah!

Exclamation

REH still has tons of stuff, but nowhere near what they had only a few years ago!

And they don't really know what all they do have! Any inquiries on availability is followed by a period on hold on the telephone, while they walk out to the warehouse and visually check the inventory!

And BWA.....I don't think they even have typwriters! Everything I get from them is hand written!

Rotor
    <a href="http://speedwayslotcars.com">Speedway SlotCars and Hobbies</a> <br>

<a href="http://hometown.aol.com/rotorranch/Slotcars.html">Slot Car Pics</a>

+ Reply to Thread