Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Snowball GP @ PitStop

PeteV Guest

The Snowball GP @ PitStop

PitStop's 2nd Annual Snowball Grand Prix
    Saturday, Dec. 4th, 2004

Those who were here last December can tell your pals what a great time we had. Those who weren't here, you have an opportunity to correct that serious error this year.

Track: 180' Engelman, black surface
    Power: 75A ps w/2 8d's

Race 1: TRRS Jr. GT-1 (sealed Parma 501s) @ 3:00pm

Race 2: American Sports Car (Group 10) @ 4:30pm

DINNER BREAK

Race 3: THINGS @ 7:00 Any mass produced group 10 chassis, any mass produced C or D cans with one-piece ceramics. sUPER 16d, S. Wasp/Hornet, or Gp 11 arm per USRA specs (that is, no S16Cs). Any gears, any fronts, any 1/24th body that covers the chassis (no added air control). Complete rules to come in this thread.

Race 4: WINGS (USRA Gp12 the way it ought to be, in our humble opinion) right after THINGS. Pretty much Amateur Box 12 with the exception that we don't care if your chassis isn't being produced anymore and we don't care if you mix motor parts.

"Maybe" Race 5: FX Sedan

Hope you can make it,
    Pete Varlan
    PitStop Raceway
    (Brian Greco slept in turn 7)
    585-328-7867
    Last edited by PeteV; 11-02-2004 at 03:49 PM.

Hey Peter...

.. I know it's after Labour day but do you guys have to use the "S" word sooo early.

Perhaps if you want to promote this event at this time of the year you could find another name for "it" . At least until after Canadian Thanksgiving ( You call it Columbus Day).

Slowly I turned ....

PeteV Guest

Canadian Thanksgiving

4.2 cheers for Canada (allowing for the exchange rate).

PeteV Guest

RULES

GT-1 Rules: go to trrsweb.com

American Sports Car: USRA Group 10 4" Stock Cars w/o the stock car bodies and without any Kelly motor parts (P/S SPeedFX parts are OK). Bodies are USRA GT-1

THINGS! and FX Sedan rules: http://hometown.aol.com/petevarlan/THINGS.html

WINGS! rules: USRA Am Box 12 except that any chassis ever approved for Boxstock is still legal here and we allow the interchange of motor parts

Any specific questions? Call the raceway @ 585-328-7867 or PM me.

Cheers.
    Last edited by PeteV; 11-02-2004 at 03:50 PM.

80 cents.....

...and rising! If this keeps up I might be able to spring for a new 12 mtr. (thats metric for motor).

I still don't like the snow reference although we did have our first fall last Saturday on the way home from the other event.

Let's hope the name is the only sno around on the day.

Slowly I turned ....

PeteV Guest
    The track will open at 9am on race day (12/4).

The mall wil be observing Christmas shopping hours, so if anyone is coming in Friday night, we'll be open until approximately 11pm.

Cheers,

PeteV Guest
    Bumper

Well, I don't know by what method i shall be arriving up there. But it looks like at least Ed Sohl, maybe Joe SSS (depending on my method of travel) and I shall be there on friday. Ill be racing all the classes and im sure everyone else will run at least 2 from what i've heard. See you guys in December. Maybe i can sleep in one of the old dressing rooms because turn 7 seemed a bit drafty.
    -Brian

PeteV Guest

Brian

We don't use the office much anymore... you can snooze in there. As for running all the classes, you're gonna have a tough time convincing me you're 15.

Looking forward to seeing all of you guys!

Best,

we'll i shaved my facial hair, that can knock off 7 years right?
    -Brian

I ain't buyin' it

Originally posted by brian444
    we'll i shaved my facial hair, that can knock off 7 years right?
    But... if you can recreate that Friar Tuck haircut from the Barnburner I might be convinced.

Pete V
    Peter N. Varlan

Questions?

Since I've been locked out of my "PeteV" name, please send any PMs to PitStopGuys. You can also send any questions to psraceway@aol.com or call the number below.

Pete V
    Peter N. Varlan

hey did the track by erie open or not going to be in the area next week also what you guys going on for around turkey day

RJ
    DRAG RACING its the shiz-nit

Erie's a long way from here

and I don't know what they're up to at this point other than they're working on changing the track polarity.

We're closed Thanksgiving day but we're holding a Junior/Senior team TRRS GT-1 (sealed Deathstars) 'enduro' followed by a TRRS LMP (Group 10 sports cars) race on Saturday the 27th.

Pete V
    Peter N. Varlan

Track records

Tryin' to stay on the front page which ain't easy with so many stickies.
    Peter N. Varlan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast