Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Hey Hershman!!!!

Originally posted by Ron Hershman

What's your solution to a Mosque preaching hate???
    Tuesday night in Cincinnati they set off two pipe bombs in front of the door at a Mosque. Miner damage, now one hurt.
    Everyone has a right to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege

Yes it is hard to keep a secret in Washington, Just ask Valrie Plame....lol. 535 morons in Congress had nothing to do with her being exposed. It only took 4 or 5 morons in the oval office to do that on their own.
    Seems to me you made pretty much the same statement on another forum and some guy who calls himself "DOKK" totally disagrees with you and pointed out that her husband outted her on his web site.

I hope you set him straight, wouldn't want someone making false statements.

Cool

Originally posted by 83Pittss1t

The point I was making is this proved he had WMD. Now let me show you how you would have answered the statement above had I made it.

This is my immitation of Ron Hershman

"How do you know this was a declared war zone, did you see the declaration of war? How many innocent people have we killed in declared war zones in Korea, Vietnam and Iran? Answer -"0". We never declared war in Korea, Vietnam or Iran, they were all police actions. LOL
    Yes Saddam did have and use CW's and WMD's in the 1980's through part of the 90's.

It's a shame that he didn't have CW's or WMD's any when we invaded his country in 2003. Have we found any yet?

We did not invade Iraq in 2003 because of his past actions of the 80's and 90's. We were told, or as some say, lied to, in 2002 and 2003 because our intelligence told us he HAD CW's and WMD's Ready to go and use which have been yet to be found. Right????

Your right we did not declare war on Korea or Viet Nam they are classified as conflicts. I should have said MILITARY Zones instead of War Zones. Now tell me how many innocent people have we killed in Military Zones during OUR Police Actions??? Forget Iran as we never police there or landed there as well.

Saddam invaded Iran in 1980 after several border disputes and war broke out without a declaration and lots of innocent people where killed on both sides in Military Zones.

All is fair in Love and War.
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Tuesday night in Cincinnati they set off two pipe bombs in front of the door at a Mosque. Miner damage, now one hurt.
    Wow did you determine they were preaching hate before this happened?

I wonder is the NSA was involved?

Minor damage....lol......what do you expect from rank amatuers?

Seems to me you made pretty much the same statement on another forum and some guy who calls himself "DOKK" totally disagrees with you and pointed out that her husband outted her on his web site.

I hope you set him straight, wouldn't want someone making false statements.
    Who is this Dokk??? Sounds as if he puts the spin on things as quick as the current White House Administration. LOL He is entitled to his opinions the same as you and I.

If Hubby outted her on his website, then why is Libby unemployed and Rowe not cleared yet? Hmmmmmmmm

Cool

BAGHDAD (Reuters) -

Iraq developed chemical weapons in the 1980s and used them against Iran and against Iraqi Kurds. It is now thought to have destroyed its remaining stocks after the 1991 Gulf War.

If this is true, then why did we really invade Iraq in 2003 under the pretense he still had them?

BAGHDAD (Reuters) -

Iraq developed chemical weapons in the 1980s and used them against Iran and against Iraqi Kurds. It is now thought to have destroyed its remaining stocks after the 1991 Gulf War.

If this is true, then why did we really invade Iraq in 2003 under the pretense he still had them?
    Geez Ron, even you are smart enough to know that in the twelve years between 1991 and 2003 they not only would have time to replace the chemical weapons but time to build who knows what.

How many O/S bodies could you pull and ship in 12 years.

You stayed up too late last night because this reply makes no sense.

In 12 years we will have a good share of New Orleans rebuilt.

And my question to you is, Why would we not believe that Saddam had WMD when he refused to let anyone look for them.

I figure if a guy is stupid enough to give up his entire Kingdom and his life to others in order to find out he has no WMD, then he deserves to get his azz kicked.

Were I a filthy rich Dictator who already had his azz kicked once in the first war, I would have let them look anywhere they wanted to see I had no WMD, if in fact I never had them.

We gave him 6 months to clear out before we ever started bombing. In the first Gulf war he sent most of his Airforce to Iran so his planes would be spared. Wonder what he could have sent this time.

Or perhaps the bastard is so smart that he knew when we went to war and found no WMD that he would destroy the Bush family by making them look foolish and having half of America hate them for going to war in the first place.

In this case Saddam actually won. He is just like another suicide bomber giving up his own life to make half of the U.S. and as Zippity says the rest of the world think our President is a joke.

"United we stand, Divided we fall."
    Last edited by No Time; 12-22-2005 at 08:59 AM.

War, Huunh! What is it good for, absolutely nothin!

American Woman stay away from meeee. American woman, Momma let me beeee. I don't need your war machines, I don't need your Getto scenes, O woman won't ya let me beeee.

ooooooops, sorry, just the hangover talkin.

No Time, I'm glad you don't make your living singing, cause you sound terrible.

I know, but it's so much fun

In 12 years we will have a good share of New Orleans rebuilt.

I DOUBT IT.

Do you really think we have seen the last of the hurricanes ?
    From what I read and hear, 2005 is just the beginning, if ANYONE wants to rebuild in areas lower than sea level, they should do it on their own dime, with NO insurance now, or in the future.

Don't like cold winters ? Move from the north to the south.
    Don't like hurricanes ? Don't live on the gulf coast.
    Don't like earthquakes ? Don't live in California..........

My point is, don't live in areas prone to natural 'disasters' of those magnitudes.

Originally posted by Fredman
    [I]

My point is, don't live in areas prone to natural 'disasters' of those magnitudes.
    I agree with that. But back in 77-78 we had two really bad winters here in the Cincinnati area and the experts predicted 8 more years of bad winters. A bunch of people went out and bought 4 wheel drive vehicles (I already had one) and snow plows. We didn't have another "bad" winter for 8 years.

Point is, I don't believe anyone can predict mother nature with any accuracy more than about two weeks in advance.

Those that do are more full of it than we are here on OWH.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Ron, an opposing view. This was an arguement presented prior to Congress approving Reparations for those involved in this fiasco.

As far as legality is concerened...State sponsored racism was also legal at one time in this country, doesn't mean that it wasn't moronic, just legal.

Roman please read the following and tell us all again how stupid it was to do.

Joseph E. Fallon
    William Hopwood
    MR. SPEAKER, I RISE IN SUPPORT OF THE CONFERENCE REPORT ON H.R. 442.

[*H6262] THIS IS LONG OVERDUE LEGISLATION DESIGNED TO ADDRESS THE PERSONAL AND FINANCIAL INJURIES CAUSED BY THE INTERNMENT OF OVER 120,000 AMERICANS OF JAPANESE ANCESTRY DURING MOST OF WORLD WAR II.

SOME ERRONEOUSLY VIEW THIS LEGISLATION AS A "GIFT" TO INTERNEES. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

THIS LEGISLATION IS A GIFT FROM THE INTERNEES TO EACH AMERICAN WHO LOVES AND RESPECTS OUR CONSTITUTION. BECAUSE WHAT THIS LEGISLATION SAYS IS THAT WE, IN THE CONGRESS, RECOGNIZE THE ENORMOUS BLUNDER AND DISRESPECT FOR CONSTITUTIONAL LIBERTIES WHICH THE INTERNMENT WAS, AND THAT WE VOW NEVER TO PERMIT IT TO REOCCUR.

THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES GUARANTEES THE RIGHTS OF ALL CITIZENS, INCLUDING JAPANESE-AMERICANS, IN TIMES OF PEACE AS WELL AS DURING TIMES OF WAR. THIS LEGISLATION SENDS A CLEAR MESSAGE TO OUR PEOPLE THAT AS A COUNTRY, WE WILL CONSTANTLY UPHOLD THESE RIGHTS FOR ALL THE RACIAL GROUPS, THE ETHNIC GROUPS AND THE SOCIAL GROUPS WHICH ARE PART OF THIS COUNTRY.

THE INTERNMENT OF JAPANESE-AMERICANS WAS ORDERED AS A RESULT OF THE CONCLUSIONS OF MILITARY LEADERS THAT JAPANESE-AMERICANS -- REGARDLESS HOW LONG THEY HAD LIVED HERE OR THEIR UNQUALIFIED LOYALTY TO AMERICA -- POSED A MILITARY THREAT TO THE UNITED STATES. THAT CONCLUSION WAS NOT BASED ON FACTS; IT WAS NOT BASED ON LAW. IT WAS BASED ON RACISM PURE AND SIMPLE.

IN FACT, DURING THE WAR, NOT A SINGLE PERSON OF JAPANESE DESCENT WAS CONVICTED OF ESPIONAGE. JAPANESE-AMERICANS WERE NO DIFFERENT FROM THE AMERICANS OF GERMAN AND ITALIAN DESCENT WHO HAD COME TO AMERICA SEEKING POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC FREEDOM. YET THEY SUFFERED A FATE FAR MORE CRUEL AND UNJUST THAN ANY OTHER IMMIGRANT GROUP.

I TAKE THIS MATTER VERY PERSONALLY, BECAUSE AMONG THE CHILDREN WITH WHOM I GREW UP THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA IN THE 1940'S WERE MANY WHOSE PARENTS AND SIBLINGS WERE ASSIGNED TO INTERNMENT CAMPS. MANY OF THESE JAPANESE-AMERICANS OF CONTRA COSTA COUNTY WERE FARMERS AND SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE WHO LOST THEIR POSSESSIONS BECAUSE OF THE INTERNMENT POLICY.

IN MY DISTRICT ALONE, THE INTERNMENT FORCED 1,200 PEOPLE TO LEAVE THEIR JOBS, FRIENDS AND POSSESSIONS TO SPEND UP TO 4 YEARS IN PERMANENT RELOCATION CAMPS. ONE OF THOSE CONTRA COSTANS, CHIYEKO TAHIRA, WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE CAUCASIAN FRIENDS WITH WHOM SHE HURRIEDLY STORED FAMILY CHINA AND OTHER HEIRLOOMS BEFORE SHE LEFT FOR OVER 3 YEARS INTERNMENT IN TOPAZ, UT. MANY OTHERS WERE NOT SO LUCKY AND RETURNED TO FIND THAT THE BARNS WHERE THEY HAD HIDDEN THEIR BELONGINGS HAD BEEN LOOTED OR BURNED.

BEYOND THE MATERIAL LOSS WAS THE PHSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE OF HAVING BEEN SUDDENLY UPROOTED AND LABELED A POTENTIAL TRAITOR. OVER 7,000 OF THE INTERNEES WERE CHILDREN LESS THAN 5 YEARS OLD. THESE CHILDREN WERE SCARED BY THE STRAINS OF OVERCROWDED, IMPOVERISHED LIVING BEHIND CHAIN-LINK FENCES. MOST OF THEM FORTUNATELY SURVIVED THE INTERNMENT EXPERIENCE, RETURNED HOME, AND BEGAN RECONSTRUCTING THEIR LIVES, BURDENED BY FINANCIAL LOSS AND SOCIAL STIGMA. AND ADMIRABLY, THEY MAINTAINED FAITH IN A COUNTRY THAT HAD BROKEN FAITH WITH THEM.

FORTY YEARS AFTER THAT TRAGIC PERIOD OF AMERICAN HISTORY, IT FALLS TO THIS CONGRESS AND THIS GENERATION OF AMERICA TO MAKE AMENDS FOR THE PAST ERROR. IN AUTHORIZING $20,000 TO EACH SURVIVING INTERNEE, WE MAKE ONLY A SYMBOLIC EFFORT TO COMPENSATE THESE JAPANESE-AMERICANS FOR THEIR YEARS OF HARDSHIP. TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS IS NOT A GREAT SUM WHEN WE CONSIDER THAT SETTLEMENTS OF UP TO $10,000 WERE MADE FOR ONLY 1 NIGHT OF FALSE IMPRISONMENT DURING THE VIETNAM PROTESTS OF THE LATE SIXTIES.

I AM PROUD TO BE A COSPONSOR OF THIS LEGISLATION, AND WE AS AMERICANS SHOULD BE PROUD THAT WE HAVE FINALLY THE COURAGE TO CONFRONT THIS UNPLEASANT CHAPTER IN OUR NATION'S HISTORY AND ATTEMPT, HOWEVER SYMBOLICALLY, TO RIGHT THE WRONGS. IN APPROVING THIS CONFERENCE REPORT, WE DO FAR MORE THAN ACKNOWLEDGE OUR DEBT TO THE INTERNED JAPANESE-AMERICAN CITIZENS OF THE 1940'S.

WE REITERATE OUR NATIONAL COMMITMENT TO THE PRIMACY OF OUR CONSTITUTION AND THE RULE OF LAW WHICH CAN BE DIMINISHED NEITHER BY RACIAL DISTINCTIONS OR THE PASSAGE OF TIME. BY ADMITTING TO OUR PAST MISTAKES, WE ARE A BETTER AND MORE UNITED COUNTRY TODAY.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE GIVE THIS CONFERENCE REPORT OUR OVERWHELMING SUPPORT AND NEVER AGAIN ALLOW THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF ANY GROUP OF CITIZENS TO BE SWEPT AWAY BY THE POWERFUL TIDES OF PREJUDICE AND IRRATIONALITY.
    Last edited by RomanK; 12-23-2005 at 11:07 AM.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Isn't there a difference between having a hurricane blow your house away completely, and having a bunch of snow that keeps you IN your house ?
    Or living ON the beach as opposed to 1,000 yards away from it ?
    Or living anywhere below a natural sea level or 10' (minimum) above it ?
    I will also admit I have no idea how to get folks away from the earthquake fault lines.......

I'm not opposed to living ANYWHERE, I'm opposed to having our tax dollars pay for people and housing for those that do choose to live in 'prone' areas (for lack of a better term), as well as having my insurance premiums go up so someone can live ON the sand........

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456