Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hey Hershman!!!!

Originally posted by Fredman
    NT, it ain't Dubya spyin' on ya, it's me, I figured out where ya are..... LOL

They can spy on me all they want, I ain't got nothin' to hide, but I'll make damn sure when I am working on my 4.5 nascar that I will use the shrouded 'cone-of-silence' so noboby can see my speed secrets...........
    Fredman, you are doing better than I am because I don't even know where I am. I just know this room has rubber on all four walls around me and I feel very sedated.

I could sure use some speed secrets on my 4.5 Nascar, mine handles like a Womp.

Pitts' did I see the word "Temporarily" in front of "give up a little privacy" in your reply. Is that like "Temporarily" having a Tax hike, or like "Temporarily" dying. I am pretty sure Bush is pushing for the Patriot Act to be permanent, the way it is now written, and that is what the stink is about.

Or were you just referring to the "illegal spying" which they will all do anyway.

If the terrorists cause us to give up anything, especially our Liberty don't they win? I thought that was their goal, to change the way we live.

I thought we were fighting them over there so we wouldn't have to fight them here.

Cool

Hey I thought this thread was about lil' ol me???? lol

No Time wants to know where I have been.......

Well I just recently came up out of my "lexan hole". Been busy filling those orders the past week or two and finally getting some time to breathe.

Have had to be extra careful when on the phone when I say things like " we are busy chopping up bodies" or please send me 5,000 body bags" that would confuse the hell out of the NSA these days. LOL

Last week was finals week for my nurse, kids being sick, kids being home sick, X-mas shopping, making and packing bodies, being questioned about "winding-gate" etc etc. LMAO

I might get the Holiday Tree, that's Christmas Tree for those of you who offend easily, up tonite...maybe.

So now you know. Good to see your coming to your senses about Bush and his administration. hehe
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Welcome back Ron, I was so worried about you they locked me in a rubber room.

It is a "Christmas" tree. If it was a holiday tree you would have to put it up for Presidents Day, Thanksgiving Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, New years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Halloween, and even My Birthday.

You'd be flat wore out putting up and taking down that Holiday Tree so always remember and never forget, it is a "Christmas Tree" or a "Bill O'Reilly Tree" for those who bow down and worship at the FOX News Network.

So Roman, you're saying that the American President that won WW2 was a "Moron"?

I'm not an authority on the Constitution (are you?), but it's my understanding that Article 2 of the Constitution does give the president of the US the right to spy for national security. Which is why president's Clinton and Carter both did it. You probably didn't hear about though because the Communist Rag, The New York Times didn't blab it like they did when President Bush did it. It's my understanding it's written this way so the president doesn't have to go to 535 morons in the Congress to get permission to get a court order, because we all know how well they can keep a secret.

For some reason it's not Ok for the president to spy on terrorist's without a court order from a judge, but it's OK if judges make laws, which is definetely against the Constitution.

If you are really worried about your Constitutional Rights, it seems to me you would more worried about the liberal judges saying it is alright for the government to take your land so another citizen can improve it so it will generate more tax revenue. That is a violation of your Constitutional Rights.

I've never read George Orwell's book and doubt that I ever will, but what makes anything he says the truth? If I write a book are you going to believe it's gospel?

And I did say" American" A-rab, which implies citizenship. Please exuse me if I'm not a politically correct weinie.
    Everyone has a right to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege

Originally posted by No Time

I am pretty sure Bush is pushing for the Patriot Act to be permanent, the way it is now written, and that is what the stink is about.

If the terrorists cause us to give up anything, especially our Liberty don't they win? I thought that was their goal, to change the way we live.

I thought we were fighting them over there so we wouldn't have to fight them here.
    No Time, I'm not an authority on the Patriot Act anymore than I'm an authority on the Constitution. But it's my understanding the Patriot Act makes it legal for FBI, Secret Service, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and the rest of our national defense agency's to exchange information which they werent' allowed to do before. Everyone want's to blame the president for not connecting the dots which led up to 9/11 but when he makes it legal to do so then you say he is taking away your rights. The guy can't win.

The terrorist haven't won until they change my way of life, they sure as hell haven't taken away my liberty.

Never forget, the terrorist are already "Here". If you have a better idea of how to find them and find out what they are up to than monitoring their phone calls, I'm sure President Bush would love to hear it.

Your rights have already been taken away with seat belt laws, helmet laws and gun laws. If you've never been a landlord or an employer then you have no idea how many of your rights have already been taken away, all by liberal Democrat's.

Originally posted by Ron Hershman
    Hey I thought this thread was about lil' ol me???? lol
    It is Ron, but we had to amuse ourselves till you got back. It's no fun picking on you if you ain't here to fight back.

How'd the race go? Sorry I couldn't make it, with Christmas here I'm broke.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    you're saying that the American President that won WW2 was a "Moron"?
    Incarcerating innocent American civillians is a moronic act...if the shoe fits, he should wear it. Sometimes, the means doesn't justify the end, no matter how celebrated the accomplishment. I believe we (the USA) have admitted that it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Article 2 of the Constitution does give the president of the US the right to spy for national security.
    Shortly after the Nixon debacle, a clear set of guidelines was established taking into consideration just this sort of thing. It did however require a judge to sign off on it, not 535 morons as I understand it, just one judge. Our President decided he didn't need to follow this law. Afterall, he's our President and surely he can choose which laws to follw and which to ignore, just wave the National Security flag a bit and everything will be ok. All we got to do now is figure out how Delay will spin National Security into his defense.... I know, he can say that helping rightys get elected will make a stronger, safer more Nationally Secure America....dang, I should have been a lawyer.

I've never read George Orwell's book and doubt that I ever will, but what makes anything he says the truth?
    nothing says it's the truth, it's just an intersting perspective about, how unchecked, a government can take on a life of its own. Besides...it has farm animals in it, kind of fun reading.
    It's only a fact if we let it happen, I'm going to try not to.

By the way, referring to people of a different ethnic backgrounds with some degree of civility doesn't necessarily make you a "politically correct weenie" is just makes you a decent human and good American, just one mans opinion anyway.
    Last edited by RomanK; 12-20-2005 at 01:22 PM.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    but it's my understanding that Article 2 of the Constitution does give the president of the US the right to spy for national security.
    the only relevent part of Article 2 of the Constitution as it applies to this discussion as far as I can read is Section #4

Section. 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Is disobeying the law a "High crime" or "Misdemeanor" ???

I'm going back to slot racing now...cya
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Originally posted by RomanK

Section. 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Is disobeying the law a "High crime" or "Misdemeanor" ???

Is lying to a Grand Jury a "High Crime" or "Misdemeanor" ???

Wow, this went from Hey Hershman,where are you. to a political debate. I love it.

Pitts I almost always agree with you and I almost always disagree with Roman so this is a big switch.

On this matter I have to agree with Roman.

Locking up Asian Americans in WWII was moronic and I hope it never happens again to any group of people based only on their ethnicity.

There are many wonderful Muslims in our country of all nationalities and it would be awful if we just started locking them up until the "War on Terror" is won.

Don't forget our second worse act of terrorism in this country was a couple of Caucasion country boys from Kansas who bombed Oklahoma City causing a lot of innocent people to die.

Should we lock up all of the Caucasions from Kansas. I think not.
    Should we tap all the phones of Caucasions in Kansas and see what library books they have been reading? No.

Quote:

"Never forget, the terrorist are already "Here". If you have a better idea of how to find them and find out what they are up to than monitoring their phone calls, I'm sure President Bush would love to hear it.

Your rights have already been taken away with seat belt laws, helmet laws and gun laws."

Yes I do have a better idea how to find them. One only has to visit a Mosque once in a while to see if they are preaching hate or peace. Real tough.

Most of them preach peace, a few teach hate.

I also must live in a shell because here in New Hampshire we don't have seat belt laws. We are the only state that doesn't.

We don't have helmet laws here either.

No Gun laws either.

That is why I live here.

We also have neither sales tax or income tax.

"Live Free or Die" is our motto.

We have so few laws, the Libertarians are moving in to our state like crazy, especially up north and they carry guns on them 24/7.
    Last edited by No Time; 12-20-2005 at 04:02 PM.

No Time, never have I said we should lock anyone up for their ethnicity, I was just pointing out the extent a Democrat president went to in a time of war.

Quote: Yes I do have a better idea how to find them. One only has to visit a Mosque once in a while to see if they are preaching hate or peace. Real tough.

No Time, I think your idea might be illegal, but I'm not sure. And just because they are preaching hate doesn't mean they are a terrorist.

I find it hard to believe that New Hampshire doesn't have any gun laws. Even if they don't I'm sure there are Federal gun laws that apply to you. And unless you never go out of state, helmet and seatbelt laws do apply to New Hampshire residents.

New Hampshire is a beautiful state, I was in Jaffrey in 83 for an aerobatic contest.

but what makes anything he says the truth? If I write a book are you going to believe it's gospel?

ROTFLOL!

I think that's the very same logic that got me into trouble with NT in the first place a month ago.....

Jaffrey has a very nice raceway. We raced our ANE AMCA scale series there two weeks ago. I think there are pictures of it in "the race results forum.

Why my friend would I ever go out of the State of New Hampshire.

I sure don't want to go to Ted Kennedy's state. Mass. sucks.

As I said I live in a shell.

I also hunt deer with a full auto AR15. I eat well. Anybody that knows me, knows that I have venison hanging way over my belt.

Don't need to ride a bike in any other State we have the oldest motorcycle week in the nation. It is in Laconia, up near the mountains and Weirs Lake. There is no place on earth prettier than here.

I realize I am fortunate and I realize that we are losing freedoms all of the time. See you are helping me prove my point.

We need our freedoms and if Bush or anyone else wants to take them away I will speak out against him.

I voted for Bush, I don't care why we went to war, I support the war because I want to see Iraq have freedoms. I support the troops. I am also curious how you can support a war in Iraq in order to free those people from a Dictator and yet still support a President who dictates to us who he will illegally spy on in our own country.

Why are you supporting our rights being taken away while our soldiers are fighting to give another nation the right to be free.

I will support Bush, but when he comes up with a load of Big Brother Crap like the Patriot Act I will not support it.

Here is some fun reading "The Patriot Act" http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/hr3162.html

or
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c107Et7LMn::

There I made it easy for you.
    Last edited by No Time; 12-20-2005 at 07:55 PM.

Fredman you still living in Missouri. Isn't that the show me state?

I don't believe half of what I read and anything I see. So even if you show me I won't believe.

I am a cynic a skeptic and I love to argue, even with myself.

Originally posted by No Time

Why are you supporting our rights being taken away while our soldiers are fighting to give another nation the right to be free.
    That's not the only reason we are fighting in Iraq. We went into Iraq because Suddam had WMD. We knew he had them and the rest of the world knew he had them. He was openly sponsering terrorism by offering $25,000.00 to any family who could get their kid to blow himself up and kill others. It was a matter of time before they were over here blowing up schools. It was also a matter of time before he supplied terrorist with WMD for over here. I know you know all this, just reminding you.

No Time, do you have any idea how easy it would be to poison the water supply and kill thousands of people. I could do with very little effort. If I wanted to go for a drive I could do it in N.H.

And until it's proven that President Bush did something illegal I'll support him. On this one I'll support him even if it is proven to be illegal because I think he did the right thing in a time of war.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast