Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hey Hershman!!!!

We went into Iraq because Suddam had WMD. We knew he had them and the rest of the world knew he had them.

Please show me the proof to back up your statement.

Better still, you had better show the UN and other world experts the same proof - coz they couldn't find any.

Or is this just another figment of your dimented Conspiracists and President's imagination??
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Zippity, would thousands of gassed dead people be enough proof? Did you forget he played cat and mouse with the U.N. and when he got tired of hiding the evidence he kicked them out in violation of the surrender agreement from the first Gulf War.

We've been through this, time and time again. You don't want to believe he had them because for some reason you hate Bush. And you don't want me to believe he had them even though evidence points to the fact that he did.

I choose to believe he had them even though we haven't seen them yet. I believe there is a God, even though I haven't seen him yet.
    Everyone has a right to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege

Question

Originally posted by 83Pittss1t

He was openly sponsering terrorism by offering $25,000.00 to any family who could get their kid to blow himself up and kill others.
    You got copies of the paid checks on this?
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

Question

Originally posted by 83Pittss1t

He was openly sponsering terrorism by offering $25,000.00 to any family who could get their kid to blow himself up and kill others.
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

Originally posted by Bill Fulmer

No, I hear part of the deal was the kids had to pick-up the check on their way to the explosion.

Thumbs up I hate nobody

We've been through this, time and time again. You don't want to believe he had them because for some reason you hate Bush.
    I guess living outside of the USA - a country I love visitng - people see the world though clearer (non tinted) glasses.

Yes, he did use gas against his own people, but where is/was/were the WMD that your President used to substantiate his declaring war on another country?

In the eyes of the majority of all other countries in the world (read non USA) your President, unfortunately, is a joke. FACT

Now please don't hate me for having said that
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Thats all right Ron because here in the USA we feel most of the rest of the world is a joke.

You see the joke is if the whole world hates Bush we must be doing something right.

We've been bailing out the rest of the world in Wars, in Pestilence, in Famines, in Earthquakes,and Tsunami's and helped free people from Dictators. When we lost an entire city from flood we received minimal help from the rest of the world, yet we keep on giving.

We've fed them, taught them, helped them, cloithed them, sent them billions upon billions of dollars,and yet they all look at us with the same distain and disrepect, for who we elected as our President.

No matter who our President is the rest of the world will hate us and think he is a joke.

You see Ron it is unbridled jealousy.

If the world hates us so bad why is it we have millions upon millions of people flowing across our borders into our country.

Funny how the pass right through the Great Neutral Liberal Country of Canada to come here. They come from the North, East, South, and West.

So Ron, my friend I couldn't care less what you or any of the thankless rest of the world thinks about Bush. We elected him, even half of our country doesn't like him, but it is none of your business nor anybody elses from any other country, who we pick.

As for your clearer (non tinted) glasses, they would no doubt help you to see, if your head wasn't completely up your....... I won't say what I am thinking but I am sure you know my intention.

And Zippity I don't hate you, matter of fact I like you. You are a fellow slotracer.

Rest assured if some idiot decides to take over your great country New Zealand, and gasses 150,000 of you with a WMD, we will be down there helping you too. And the rest of the world will still hate us.
    Last edited by No Time; 12-21-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Richard,

Try telling me someting new.

All you do is spout the same old tired hackneyed BS.

Maybe YOU should stand for President
    Zippity

Actually Zippity Bush Bashing has always been your "old tired hackneyed B.S.

How many times have you been banned from OWH for the same drivel.

It's Hillarious!

Perhaps you should bring out the controller and race some slotcars. Take your mind off of American politics.

Take your mind off from what the world thinks about someone who has nothing to do with you.

Why not pull out your handgun and go out in the backyard and shoot some cans off the fence.

Kick the dog, beat up a drunk, whatever it takes to sooth your troubled mind.

If I was elected President first thing I would do is get every city in New Zealand an Ogilvie King track and an Ogilvie Engleman. Then everyone there could race slotcars.

I would then set up an Orvis, Winston, Loomis, and Sage, flyrod factory, so it wouldn't cost New Zealanders so much for a quality fly rod. (my Winston 3pc. 3wt. casts like a dream and my Sage 3pc. 9 wt. catches Striped Bass and Bluefish like I'm in heaven but my favorite Orvis 2pc. 1 wt. makes native brook trout seem like tuna's.)

You folks could then race and fish in all your spare time, you would live like kings, and yet still, you would say, I as President am a joke.

Zippity, quit being so grumpy. Where is your Christmas spirit.
    A new year is soon coming, Bush will be impeached for illegal spying and the rest of the world can find out what a "Dick" Cheeney is.
    Last edited by No Time; 12-21-2005 at 05:40 PM.

Re: I hate nobody

Originally posted by Zippity

Now please don't hate me for having said that
    We could never hate you Zip, we feel sorry for you. Just kidding, we hate you. Nah, not really, we feel sorry for you. Actually we hate the fact that we feel sorry for you. Or do we feel sorry that we hate you? I hate not knowing if we hate you or feel sorry for you. But I'm sorry your hate for our president has tinted your view of our country.

We know you love us.

Originally posted by No Time

Rest assured if some idiot decides to take over your great country New Zealand, and gasses 150,000 of you with a WMD, we will be down there helping you too. And the rest of the world will still hate us.
    That won't ever happen.....there's no oil in NZ......lol
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Originally posted by Ron Hershman

That won't ever happen.....there's no oil in NZ......lol
    But wool suites are real popular here in the US of A.

Now where did I say that I hated Bush??

Once again, you have assumed

Forget the slot car racing, summer is here. My club doesn't meet again until early Feb - sigh!

Mind you, if I get really frustrated, I will go down to the track to work off some steam

Fishing sounds like a good idea. Them big fat Browns and Rainbows are awaiting me

P.S. I got booted from OWH because someone here can't take hearing the truth. Just because I comment on what others think, shouldn't be misconstrued to mean or imply that I agree with them - far from it in most cases.
    Last edited by Zippity; 12-21-2005 at 09:09 PM.
    Zippity

I only said you bash Bush. Something I myself have done about his Patriot Act in another thread or earlier in this one.

I don't see you as a man who hates anybody. I know you like America.

I also love yanking your chain as I know you love a good debate yourself.

I am in envie of your Brown Trout fishing in New Zealand. Where I live in New Hampshire the Brownies are the hardest of all trout to catch. They feed mostly at night here and we can only fish for them 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset so it is a rare pleasure when we can take one on a fly.

To take one here is a breathtaking experiance that leads to years of bragging. The Rainbows will bite in the daylight and have a beautiful water breaking dance but the dogged headshaking underwater battle of a gorgously spotted German Brown Trout is almost as good as, but not quite as sweet as, a well timed orgasm.

Go fishing Zippity and catch a big one, cause I have to wait through 4 more months of winter before I can take a flyrod out again.

Originally posted by RomanK

Incarcerating innocent American civillians is a moronic act...if the shoe fits, he should wear it. Sometimes, the means doesn't justify the end, no matter how celebrated the accomplishment. I believe we (the USA) have admitted that it was a pretty stupid thing to do.
    Roman please read the following and tell us all again how stupid it was to do. The following may set the facts straight once and for all that it was the law at the time and Roosevelt acted upon the best interests of the USA at the time. They were not innocent American civillians as most think. They all had renounced their American Citizenship. That's why they got Interned. Bush can basically do the same if he chooses to do so.

What are Internment and Relocation?
    In discussing the war related domestic policies adopted by the United States during World War II, it is important to know that internment is historically different and legally distinct from relocation.
    Internment is a well respected and long established component of international law. It permits a country to intern those aliens residing in its territory who are subjects or nationals of any country with which the former is at war.

Internment is part of U.S. law, (July 6, c. 66, I Stat; R.S. 4067; 50 U.S. Code 21), and is based on the “Enemy Alien Act of 1798”. The constitutionality of internment was twice reaffirmed by the Supreme Court of the United States shortly after the end of WWII in “Ludecke v. Watkins” (335 U.S. 160, 171 nl8 --1948) and “Johnson v. Eisentrager” (339 U.S. 763 --1950).

Internment began on December 7, 1941 after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. By 7:30 am December 9, 1941, the U.S. government had already interned 1,291 Japanese, 857 Germans, and 147 Italians. While the U.S. was at war with Japan since December 7th and could lawfully intern Japanese nationals as enemy aliens, the U.S. was not at war with Germany or Italy until December 11th. During those four days, December 7th through December 10th, German and Italian nationals were not enemy aliens and their internment was illegal. The total number of people interned during World War II was 31,275.

This number includes 5,620 Japanese who were renunciants -- i.e., native-born U.S. citizens of Japanese ancestry who renounced their U.S. citizenship so they could be deported to Japan and help that country’s war effort. The U.S. government lists no European-Americans who similarly renounced their U.S. citizenship.

The total number of non-renunciants -- i.e., enemy aliens -- interned was 25,655. Of this number 14,426, or 56 percent, were of European origin -- Germans, Italians, Hungarians, Romanians, Bulgarians, even some Czechs and Poles.

Only 16,849 Japanese -- 11,229 enemy aliens and 5,620 who renounced their U.S. citizenship -- were interned.

Internees had been apprehended by the FBI, and after hearings before the alien enemy control boards were held for the duration of the war and longer or for deportation to their country of origin. They were detained in Department of Justice internment facilities administered by the U.S. Army or the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the Department of Justice. Internees were not free to leave these facilities unless paroled by the Department of Justice. Some Europeans remained interned until 1948 -- more than three years after the war in Europe had ended.

Relocation was based on Executive Order 9066 issued by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on February 19, 1942. It directed “the Secretary of War, and the Military commanders whom he may from time to time designate, whenever he or any designated Commander deems such action necessary or desirable, to prescribe military areas in such places and of such extent as he or the appropriate Military Commander may determine, from which any or all persons may be excluded, and with respect to which, the right of any person to enter, remain in, or leave shall be subject to whatever restrictions the Secretary of War or the appropriate Military Commander may impose in his discretion”. The East Coast, West Coast, Gulf Coast, and the Great Lakes were all subject to this policy.

The constitutionality of exclusion was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in 1944 in “Korematsu v. the United States of America” (323 U.S. 214-248, Oct. 1944 Term).

At the time of Pearl Harbor, there were approximately 127,000 persons of Japanese descent living in the United States. Almost 60 percent of the adults among them were Japanese nationals, enemy aliens by law. The remaining 40 percent of the adults were American by birth, but they were also citizens of Japan by choice (dual citizenship). Many had spent the formative years of their youth and received their education in Japan.

Early in 1942, all persons of Japanese descent, approximately 112,000 people, as well as smaller numbers of German and Italian enemy aliens were ordered to evacuate specific West Coast military areas in the interest of national security. Similar evacuations of German and Italian enemy aliens occurred along the entire East Coast. It was only out West that the U.S. government provided relocation centers as a temporary alternative to resettlement for those who wished it. Such housing was restricted to Japanese evacuees only, however. German and Italian evacuees were on their own. Ten such centers were established and administered by the civilian War Relocation Authority. These relocation centers had the highest live-birth rate and the lowest death rate in wartime United States and were exempt from the rationing programs imposed across the country.

Residents of such centers were free to leave when outside employment and living arrangements for them could be obtained. Of the 112,000 Japanese evacuees, 15,000 were immediately able to relocate elsewhere on their own. Another 35,000 who did enter the relocation centers eventually left and resettled in other parts of the country as employment or college opportunities arose during the war years. In some instances, Japanese living outside the exclusionary zone sought and received admittance to these centers.

The exclusion policy for the West Coast differed from that pursued elsewhere in the country because, in addition to the relocation centers, it also included a National Student Council Relocation Program. Under this government initiative, 4,300 students of Japanese ancestry -- but not those of German and Italian ancestry -- received scholarships to attend more than 500 colleges and universities located outside the exclusionary zone. In both cases of internment and relocation, U.S. citizen spouses and children were permitted to accompany head-of-household enemy aliens into relocation centers or internment camps on a voluntary basis so that families would not be separated.

Joseph E. Fallon
    William Hopwood
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast