Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Retro rubber

I myself am very curious about this new "Retro Rubber", but I don't know what I would learn from durometer readings... the real proof would have to be on the track. I know some people who might just love these if they work on their tracks... problem is, that if they do work good... whoever tried them will want to keep it secret, instead of sharing the news!

I'll have to send off a secret email to a friend to get some & do some testing... no cars or track here in the Philippines!

Hey "Miles" - Besides the duro readings... how much $ for the donuts???

I'd be interested in some "jocularity" readings while you're at it... (I think my jocularity meter might be busted)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: [email protected]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

if the new retro rubber is the thunder soft...... it is great.... been running it on my nascar and it works great, great, great...... got a pair of the thunder medium and I think it will work just as great.......
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    [email protected]

Thanks Jim

If the mediums hook up, you may want to try the Quads. They are crazy fast. Dale G ran the quads in Maryland in a Retro race and set the new track record.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    [email protected]
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

I tried quads and they were way loose on my nascar..... the softs were, well lets say IF we had the race when I tried them, I would have set new track record in qualifying...... Dub is suppose to be ordering more of the soft and med and gonna have him order just rims...... gotta say these are great tires no matter which ya use...... love em..
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    [email protected]

Doug,

Now that we have several new entries in the Thunder family (soft, medium, etc) can we please have a list of all that is available say from soft to hardest?? Maybe also a recommendation on which tire may work best in what class... Please include scale and wings as well.

Thanks!

I ordered more Thunder Jim. It will be here Friday. Come get it while it lasts
    Its very convinient now that Eagle carries it and I will keep the shelf stocked.
    Thunder definitely seems to be the best tire on our King track
    Dub
    Last edited by "Dub" Wade; 03-24-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    [email protected]
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Hey Dub, put a pair of the soft and med. with my other stuff, may not be in til Sunday............ there is a slim chance I will be in tomorrow night, but not sure....
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12