Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Dynamic Challenge Proxy

The 2015 Dynamic Challenge Proxy

Hello ! I'm Gator Bob and used to reside over on another slot car blog site.
    Kinda new over here but wanted to tell you guys about a proxy event that is based on running one car on three different tracks at some very cool raceways.

So far we have secured events at two raceways.

The Raceway in Melbourne Fl. and Modelville Hobby in Ashland, MA and more raceways are in the works. Run one or run all.

The rules are simple, we will run everything from the famous PurpleMile, Hillclmbs, Oval and even Drag Strips.

I am starting to learn how to navigate here on OWH so hang on for the ride but don't worry as I have run successful proxy races in the last few years.

Bump this ---> Guys that have run in them will hopefully come on here and vouch for that.... and my character too.

Basic rules for this proxy event.

2 minute per lane on roadcourse and oval.
    All cars will be judged for eligibility by the entrants, with 3 pictures minimum and a list of parts used and posted here on OWH

Florida Date - 12/15/2015
    Mass. Date - est. Jan 2016
    Entry - $20.00

Chassis:

All original Dynamic parts including Cast chassis and OEM brass body mounts, current available re-pop brass parts allowed .
    Cast motor mounts (carriers) can not be modified in any way.
    The only thing that can be soldered is the lead wires and 2 body pin tubes.
    Modern Graphite guides required to avoid timing issues. (Parma, Starburst, Slick7 ) Parma 70222 preferred. Guide flag may be trimmed for clearance.
    Guide clips allowed.
    Any gear set.”period appearing only”, 1970 or before.
    Modern pinions (Set screw, Press-on, soldered on or Loctite is acceptable) and black/gray dyed Parma crown gear allowed. No Pink.
    3 1/8" max width - Chassis, track (hub to hub)
    Ride height/Track clearance = .047 Minimum (to protect track surface).

Motor:

Any motor configuration up to 1970 that is designed to fit the Dynamic motor carrier part # used.
    Open armature rule. (Any wind, Dia., stack length, or number of poles) No limit on year of production. i.e. modern allowed.
    Spring post protectors allowed,
    No 'Elephant Ear' type heat sinks or Mura cans allowed, (there isn't any motor carrier listed for Mura motors.)
    Magnets - Any Ceramic or Alnico, No Neo or Cobalt.

Body:

Any body up to 1970 (Thingy bodies must be production based originals or reproductions - Lancer, DuBro, Classic, Gar-Vic, BZ, Dynamic, Choti ...etc.) Cut outs (windows, scoops, vents, grills..etc.) that the builder sees fit.
    No one-off bodies that were conceived after 1970
    No added wings or spoilers.
    Any thickness - hard or soft - clear bodies must be painted.
    3 1/4" max width at any point. i.e. Stock Car wheelwells/fender lips.

Tires:

Modern or vintage. Threaded or Set-Screw OK (any size, compound, hub, or axle size ... (no silicones) )

Deadlines:

10/1/2015 - Registration closes. Reconfirm you're in, new members can join till registration closes. Final box plaque count set for 1st. round.
    11/15/2015 - Car pictures and full build details posted for tech by your peers. Build up posts are encouraged. I will create a Thread that will be 'exclusively' for inspection/presentation pictures.
    Note: Questions or protests will take place ONLY in the 'Discussion Thread' ... pictures can be brought over there for explanation of any concerns. Documentation may be needed to support 'questionable' components.

Procedures:

Cars - Judged by peers on slotcartalk.com in dedicated post under "Vintage" - 3 pictures min. Text of technical details of your motor build also.
    So there is No advantage over mail in cars - Test ban in place at Melbourne and Modelville - Bill Pinch is aware - mostly for Gator, Jay, TonyP. Matt B. and Phil @ Modelville because there aren't any other 'locals' running as far as I can tell.
    Shipping between sites - one box from FL. to MA. we all split the shipping cost.
    Drivers stay in a lane and the cars go through the rotation so everyone drives every car once.
    Best drivers get the gutter lanes
    For the Drag track - A driver will be 'assigned' a car to run based on picking an entry number out of a hat.

Track voltages @ Melbourne =
    Hillclimb 13.8v.
    Oval 11v.
    Drag Strip 14.7v.

Braid Depth:
    Hillclimb = ..040
    Oval = Flush (.000)
    Drag Strip = Flush (.000)

Last edited by Professor Fugly; 10-04-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: As of 10/04/2015

Hi Bob.
    Steve K.
    Nomadic slot car racer.

Quote Originally Posted by slotbaker View Post
    Hi Bob.
    Hey Steve ! Thanks for the lob-in to see this ocker.

The current Entry list of competitors for the 2015 Dynamic Challenge.

Jaak B.
    Paul E
    Paul B.
    Jay G.
    Don S.
    Phil W. *
    Tom H.
    John A.
    Bob I. *
    Luciano L.
    Ben K.
    Bob S.
    Tony P.
    Giuseppe 98
    Matt B.
    Sam L.

Welcome TonyP. that's right ... the Chassis God will use 'no solder' LOL

Registration is currently open.

* Race directors.
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-27-2015 at 08:33 AM. Reason: As of 9/27/2015

Phil W.,
    Please contact me via PM on here or by email to discuss, plan and set a date for Modelville.
    Thanks,
    Gator Bob

Hi Bob,

As you mentioned above, the Modelville race is scheduled for January, 2016. The exact date has not yet been determined, but the guys (drivers) are excited.

-Phil

Checking in...I'm still o.k. here with what we have lined up already...
    Tom

Hey Tom,
    Thanks for checking over here ...
    Sorry for the delayed reply I fell asleep at the keyboard due to boredom ... I'll slam two garbage can lids together and see if I can wake this place.

Phil (and one nameless shameless reptile .. me) would like to see that guys still want to join now that it is being promoted from www.slotcartalk.com.

I will set up a thread in 'Vintage Slots' (?) for our tech-in and car show.

Please ask guys shown above to advise me of their intentions with respect to continued interest in this event.

Like Phil I don't want to jerk any chains on getting local racers to set race dates aside and because I got 'banned' from a different blog site.
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-18-2015 at 04:23 PM.

I had been thinking about posting a question as to why we haven't heard from some of the other guys... feel a little like I'm walking on egg shells here

Gonna ask over there, if we can hear from some of 'em...
    Tom

Thanks Tom,

Egg shells .. the move might have a bunch of guys feeling like that... even me somewhat, listen for the cruching sound.
    In time these gigs will be on facebook or a dedicated blog where people can be themselves and not feel like they are walking on eggshells due to the 'controllers'

OK .. gentlemen of this proxy

It's time to get off the couch and call on the Benevolent Dick-Tater (salad) to see if there is any life here on Mars.

Ready?

Deadlines:

10/1/2015 - Registration closes. Reconfirm you're in, new members can join till registration closes. Final box plaque count set for 1st. round.
    11/15/2015 - Car pictures and full build details posted for tech by your peers. Build up posts are encouraged.

• Cars - Judged by peers on slotcartalk in dedicated post under "Vintage" - 3 pictures min. technical details of your motor build.
    • Test ban at Melbourne and Modelville - Bill Pinch is aware - mostly for Gator, Jay and Phil @ Modelville because there aren't any other 'locals' as far as I can tell.
    • Shipping between sites - idea - one box from FL. to MA. we all split the shipping cost.

Entry list above will be highlighted showing those that have confirmed to me by PM, email, in person or phone call.
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-10-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Someone, anyone ...

Please PM guys (that are not highlighted above) over on slotblog to advise them of the dates.
    I'm concerned that some of them are not on this blog.

They don't need to join here .. I can post their car pictures over here for them from email picture attachments.

Hi Bob,
    I confirm I am in and already starting to collect parts.
    Luciano

That's Awesome Luciano.

"Solid"!

Just let me know if I can help in any way.

Im in also and been collecting parts (need to make the parts come together now !!)
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Except for bears, Bears will kill you !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast