.

.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: The 2015 Dynamic Challenge Proxy

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Slippery View Post
    Bob,

    I am sorry if you think I'm being "edgy", "pissy", or that I have a "bad attitude", but that's your perception and not the reality of it. My tone is a questioning one. All I have done is question what you are saying, because the rules as you initially convey them are not clear to me. Maybe I'm just dumber than a box of rocks, but I need for you to be more specific so I can tell if it's a rule change or a clarification.

    Also, as I said, don't agree about multiple car entries. Your reply was that it was no advantage and you reasoned that it should be allowed with a gum marketing slogan. But you didn't answer the fact that each additional entry is a statistical advantage.

    If the group wants me to "get the F*** out", as you so eloquently put it in your PM, because you say, Bob, I'm not "fun", I will.
    -Phil
    Phil:

    In My Opinion.

    1- You should have called the # or replied to the PM.
    2 - You misquoted me, re-read your PM. I would post a screen shot of it ... but.
    3 - The rules are simple - walking it back by playing dumb ain't working. Go back to the other site and see you have challenged about every rule that has been posted.
    4 - I don't know how to be 'more specific' ... everyone else seems to get it.
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-30-2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by proptop View Post
    FWIW I am entering one car...inline frame...Mabuchi FT-16D set-up in AMT purple with the Dynamic (sold as a Dynamic part number, but made by Mura) can-in-a-can shim and Mura magnets and endbell...arm choice hasn't been decided yet.

    It will have a thingie body by 027R...don't recall the name right off hand though...
    Sounds good Tom WTG
    Just please review the body rule for Thingy bodies.
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 09-30-2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Fugly View Post
    Phil:

    In My Opinion.

    1- You should have called the # or replied to the PM.
    2 - You misquoted me, re-read your PM. I would post a screen shot of it ... but.
    3 - The rules are simple - walking it back by playing dumb ain't working. Go back to the other site and see you have challenged about every rule that has been posted.
    4 - I don't know how to be 'more specific' ... everyone else seems to get it.
    Here's your PM to me (less your phone #):
    "You seem real 'pissy' about how this proxy is run. Don't F*** it up for those that want to have FUN!

    Here is another rule for you - Chill out or stay out.

    Here is my # ... feel free to call if you have a problem with that or me."

    //I prefer to keep things public.

    //You're right, and I apologize. I did misquote you, but the intent of your message is the same.

    //For me, the fun is in the building and the racing.

    // If your rules are so clear and simple why have you had to clarify them several times? Bob, when you write you know what you are saying, but I certainly don't. Sometimes I make several points, but you focus in on one and the rest go unaddressed.

    // I am just asking you to be curtious to me as the person reading what you write and explain what I need to know about the rules. I can't read your mind. I imagine my questioning has helped other builders, also. I am not "challenging" you on the rules, just asking for clarification. In the beginning, it was a discussion about what the rules might be. If I don't agree with something you say, I give a reason why I do not. Why are you acting like I'm just being antagonistic?

    //If I have questions, I will continue to ask.
    Last edited by Ol' Slippery; 10-01-2015 at 02:59 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    Phil, I must be looking at this from the wrong angle. With that ... I owe you an apology. "I am sorry".

    Ask your questions as many times as needed and I'll answer in the best and simplest way I can as many times as needed.

    Please respect that clarifications are not rule changes.

    Full Reset.
    Let's get back to fun ... natural fun.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Fugly View Post



    Deadlines:

    10/1/2015 - Registration closes. Reconfirm you're in, new members can join till registration closes. Final box plaque count set for 1st. round.

    B.U.M.P. ----> Registration ends today at 11:59 PM (23:59) Pacific
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 10-01-2015 at 06:26 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    ..... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sorry-registration-now-closed.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	16110 .....

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    I'll ad this to the Rules post. From yesterdays discussion with Bill Pinch (track owner).

    Track Braid Depth:

    Hillclimb = ..040
    Oval = Flush (.000)
    Drag Strip = Flush (.000)


    -_-_-_-_-_-

    It is going to be a tough call to set guide to be great on all 3 tracks, a compromise for sure as is the gear choice.

    IMPORTANT -

    Phil,

    To figure a compromise set-up... in light that there is to be no changes between any tracks. The cars will be shipped straight from TheRaceway... ?

    Also how many cars will need to be entered for you to present the event to the track owner?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    Procedure update:

    Click here -----> 2015 Dynamic Challenge - Tech Inspection ONLY

    Any and all challenges to legality are to be posted in the discussion thread with a link to the image that shows what is being challenged.
    State what you feel is outside of the rules.
    The builder will need to provide some evidence to prove validity to the component in question is not obviously 'in spec'. Pictures, advertisements or 'expert' testimony.

    Official entrants will post 4 pictures of your car(s).
    #1 w/ Body on - Complete car 3/4 view
    #2 w/ Body on - Complete car bottom view
    #3 w/Body off - Complete car w/ body next to car top view.
    #4 Close up of motor w/arm showing preferred on motors with vent holes.

    As I have done in the past - cars will qualify/time trial (if required) to seat grouping/mains based on the date the car is presented here for inspection.
    i.e. First car (legal) shown here gets to qualify last.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    Phil ... please see post #67 and reply to my question.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA U.S.A.
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Slippery View Post
    //If you want to know why Jairus didn't participate go back and read the thread on SB.
    Phil, I have a question:

    Is this what you are/were referring too?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jairus 403 pans.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	16158
    Last edited by Professor Fugly; 10-08-2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: are/were

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    75

    Number of Cars Needed for Modelville

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Fugly View Post
    IMPORTANT -

    Phil,

    To figure a compromise set-up... in light that there is to be no changes between any tracks. The cars will be shipped straight from TheRaceway... ?

    That is fine.

    Also how many cars will need to be entered for you to present the event to the track owner?
    At least eight cars.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Fugly View Post
    Phil, I must be looking at this from the wrong angle. With that ... I owe you an apology. "I am sorry".

    Ask your questions as many times as needed and I'll answer in the best and simplest way I can as many times as needed.

    Please respect that clarifications are not rule changes.

    Full Reset.
    Let's get back to fun ... natural fun.
    Thanks; no problem.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    75

    Race Cancelled

    Just so everyone knows, The 2015 Dynamic Challenge Proxy has been cancelled.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Island,N.Y.
    Posts
    984
    If you want to contact Bob,e-mail him at
    farmallacres@earthlink.net

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •